Is it a problem?

S

squanto15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so it never use to bother me when i would play for free on pokerstars but then a friend of mine gave me 5 bucks and i went in a tourny. i won and i thought this is some cool shit getting paid to win. but then and about a week and a half i went broke. now for some reason i am not satisfied when i play for no money. i don't want to deposite money cause i think if i do it once i will lose control. what should i do. maybe you guys could tell me about a site where i could win an easy freeroll.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like you, and most of us who have reached a certain level of expertese, I find play money poker unsatisfying. I make one deposit per month. I play 'till it's gone. sometimes it's an hour, sometimes it lasts the entire month. Practicing self discilpline by restricting the amount your willing to lose in a given period of time serves 2 purposes, you will show more restraint in your bets and your hand selection and more importantly, it keeps the floodgates closed until your good enough to start showing a profit. In between, freerolls, Freerolls, Freerolls. And for the time being, try to derive enjoyment out of improving your game, not your bankroll.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm like Four Dogs. I don't play the freerolls and I set a monthly limit for how much I'll risk. Haven't had to make a deposit in a while as winnings on one site are covering losses on the others. I have a bit of money on 6 sites and I rotate between them depending on how the cards are running. For a while I couldn't win a cent on Noble's ring games and I was doing very well at UB. In the last week the situation has reversed for the time being.

All in all, I think risking ones own cash forces us to play better as we stand to lose our own money if we play stupid....

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Is this a problem? friend, if you want to get something, then invest something. Poker is a business, there is work, patience and money.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ok so it never use to bother me when i would play for free on pokerstars but then a friend of mine gave me 5 bucks and i went in a tourny. i won and i thought this is some cool shit getting paid to win. but then and about a week and a half i went broke. now for some reason i am not satisfied when i play for no money. i don't want to deposite money cause i think if i do it once i will lose control. what should i do. maybe you guys could tell me about a site where i could win an easy freeroll.
Ask a friend to give you more money. Mow his lawn, for example, or wash his car. :ROFLMAO: But seriously, there is no such thing as easy money in poker. It's hard work. In your situation, it's simple: you won the tournament on luck. That's cool, because you got positive emotions and even more money. And then you had a series of failures.... but that's what happens in poker. As there is no magic and only series of victories. My advice to you: there is no need to rush.... play freerolls, gain experience and the money will come. ;):cool:

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Is this a problem? friend, if you want to get something, then invest something. Poker is a business, there is work, patience and money.
I agree with you that you have to invest work study.....but it is not good to advise anyone to invest money. Please don't be mad at me! Thank you.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Poker its not bussiness but its a game......we need all to control our game....i undestand what he said.....but why dont take prepaid card one time month with limit of money ???

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Don't do something you'll regret later !!! If you're afraid of losing control, don't make a deposit, but play on free freerolls !!! Gain experience in the game and learn how to properly manage your bankroll !!! Yes, your path will be much longer than with a deposit, but also much safer !!! When you have the opportunity to withdraw money you will have to make your first deposit !!!

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obv it’s better to play for bigger prizes but we have to either build our bank roll up or invest the money and be willing to risk it if we want to play for higher stakes

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the money I have in each of my poker accounts has only been made by playing poker. I recommend to play freerolls and build up your bankroll, then like 0546474 says “properly manage your bankroll”.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you could do is play freerolls only until your cash balance gets to a certain point such as 110 dollars. Then you could use the 10 dollars to play at small stakes. If your balance drops below 100 then play freerolls only again until your balance is once again up to 110. Repeat process until you win playing for small stakes and balance gets to 120. At this time you can then set floor at 110 instead of 100. Thus if your balance then goes down to 110 you play only freerolls again. If your balance makes it up to 220 say then treat yourself to a 100 dollar withdrawal. If you make a few withdrawals then you can consider upping the stakes you are playing for keeping same system in place. Eventually you will win consistently at the really low stakes games and not have to play freerolls when your balance takes a drop. Instead you would just play at a lower stake level where you had consistent success.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, freerolls are the same on all sites. If you have good willpower, don't worry. Judging by your words, it is clear that you understand the seriousness of playing with your own money. Then there's no need to worry. Play freerolls and collect money patiently.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it would be safer to only play freerolls. But if you are sure to be able to control your bankroll management you can make a small deposit ($50 for example) on Pokerstars and play some micro limit SNG.
I personaly build my bankroll this way. And my last deposit was 2 years ago.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know what you won and the value, but based on what you said, I believe that I don't study the game in depth.

What may have happened is a situation called variance, where in every 100 games you win x times by luck.

There is nothing easy in this world, but I agree with your decision not to deposit, because you can be sure that you will lose if you do not study.

Even in the freerolls, it will be difficult to win if you don't want to learn and evolve, Poker is like in life, what comes easy goes away even easier.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No one gonna comment that this topic is 18 years old??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: