Isn't Poker pure Gambling if.....

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider poker: 60%= skills and 40%= luck.
Take for example:
PlayerA has 50% skill and 10% luck. PlayerB has 40% skill and 40% luck. Then surely, PlayerB wins in that instant of time.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would consider poker: 60%= skills and 40%= luck.
Take for example:
PlayerA has 50% skill and 10% luck. PlayerB has 40% skill and 40% luck. Then surely, PlayerB wins in that instant of time.

I'm sorry, but that is absurd

W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's possible to find two players of equal skill. Someone's gonna have been more exposed to some situations more than the other player. This is something along the lines of what lgbassman said. The situation can't happen. Even the top players have varying skills. Some of them are better in certain situations than others.

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's possible to find two players of equal skill. Someone's gonna have been more exposed to some situations more than the other player. This is something along the lines of what lgbassman said. The situation can't happen. Even the top players have varying skills. Some of them are better in certain situations than others.

the only way it could happen is if was two bots that are programmed exactly the same, to act exactly in the same way with the same type of hand with the same type of board against the same type of opponent etc etc etc

One can't simply say "oh, he's a good player, he's about the same skill as X, so he'd get beaten by Y who's better than X". Faaaaar too many variables come into play

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its very hard for both players to be equally good. and there are more factors than the poker style to be a good players. if you dont have a good bankroll mangment you will end up losing all your money in one or a couple of bad session, and the same applies when you cannot control tilt. I think poker is not just about how good you are but also how patient and calm you can be when you are running bad. and believe me this is way more tough than being a good player.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling