OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...and the crowd goes mild! :p

I wonder if Stars actually sees any long term potential in him? Profile-wise there's a better than average chance he'll end up like Niki Jedlicka and be worth sod all to them in less than a year IMO.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I wonder if Stars actually sees any long term potential in him? Profile-wise there's a better than average chance he'll end up like Niki Jedlicka and be worth sod all to them in less than a year IMO.

Yes, just like Chris Moneymaker

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should change yours to anything other than what you have lol.

No kidding. ;) It's not just that it is a panty wearing nipple decorated odd little man... but the added touch that we get to know the panties are actually a thong too.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, just like Chris Moneymaker

The thing about Moneymaker is that his name at least carries some weight with Joe Public, the people who only have a casual interest in poker. His Main Event win secured him a place in poker history forever. His picture is always going to be on the wall at the wsop, ESPN will always give him air time and the it'll always be called the Moneymaker effect. As a marketer, those are things you can work with.

Blom on the other hand, and others before him like Jedlicka, are only really known to people who follow online poker closely. Signing someone like Blom is less likely to affect the playing habits of these people than it is the playing habits of Joe Public because the people who know who he probably have fairly well established usage patterns that will be hard to change (at least in the short to medium term).

Also there's no saying he won't go busto in six months time and disappear from view, just like Jedlicka. Ask someone who's only been following the game for a year, for example, and they'll probably say "WTF is a Kaibuxxe?!?". New players could be saying the same thing about Isildur1 in the not too distant future. At least with someone like Moneymaker or Raymer people will always remember them because of their Main Event wins.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Niki still plays high stakes fwiw but he is not draw he use to be but he is still there and made some tv apperances etc.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Niki still plays high stakes fwiw but he is not draw he use to be but he is still there and made some tv apperances etc.

Sure - I'm just saying his profile isn't anything like it used to be, nor anything like it probably could have been and Stars is running the risk of ending up with a similar commodity in Blom.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in like 6 months, im gonna hype all of CC to announce the identity of 'vanquish'

u guise will all be shocked and appalled

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want an Isildur1 wig.............

I want to wear it for Vanq's unveiling.....:santaclau

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want an Isildur1 wig.............

I want to wear it for Vanq's unveiling.....:santaclau

2232332765_9012866b96.jpg

42-21877001.jpg

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was really hoping it wasn't Blom--just to spice things up. I agree with whoever said they should have just kept it a secret, but I guess they want to use him for High Stakes Poker and other live events. Shame he won't be playing on Full Tilt anymore--given the high stakes action is better there.