aikindoma

aikindoma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to know if someone has tried to irritate the poker software,
like Hold'em Manager or so...!!!

I think like irritating the software to show stats about you that are not representing your play...!!!
So the user get's wrong info and plays you according to his software tells him.
This way you get advantage of him and not he of you...!!!
(my English is not as half as good as I like it to be...!!!...sorry)

Maybe some irritating plays at the beginning would do enough to make
the calculations a software makes, going in wrong direction right away.

It might comes back to the right calculation, but this takes time and you have the advantage during this time.

My question would be: What kind of play should I show in the first hands to make this software going nuts...?
Can I do this, or is it programmed for such situations...,
(I don't believe it but I ask...!)...???

Can I do this after a while again and let the stats go crazy again...?

And at last: Is my idea completely stupid...LOL...???

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's certainly possible to skew your stats. You could min raise a lot and that would bump your PFR up, but how much in the long run would that cost you, and would it actually affect the decisions the other player is making far enough to make it worthwhile? I don't believe so. Most people that use HEM or PT use the stats as a general guide and don't think "wow, his PFR is 22, so his range is sooo much wider than 17, so I'll stack off with my middle pair." Anyone that actually knows how to use HEM stats knows about sample sizes, so it would cost you a fortune to skew your stats far enough over a large enough sample.

Also, the people that use HEM, whose stats you are messing with, are going to typically be your regulars. These aren't the people that you are going to be making the majority of your long term profit from.

Instead, play your game and use the stats on your HUD to find the bad players and exploit them.

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to deal with the multi-tabling regulars who rely heavily on stats is to adjust your game to the table and don't worry too much about what your numbers are. Your idea is not completely stupid, I thought about something similar myself, but eventually came to the conclusion that it would be easier to just outplay the stat dependent robots than to try and mess with their databases.
For the record, I use a HUD, and I like it, but it's not the be all end all of my decision making at the table.