amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi friends, tell me what poker has brought to your lives that is most important... in mine it was the discipline I am very grateful to poker for that was a watershed in my life to evolve a lot as a person!

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tongue in cheek poker has taught me how to take a break from everyday things (anyone who has/had a young child will understand );)

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi friends, tell me what poker has brought to your lives that is most important... in mine it was the discipline I am very grateful to poker for that was a watershed in my life to evolve a lot as a person!
Yes, I agree with you. Playing poker has also made me more disciplined and patient. Although at the beginning I was annoyed when I lost, now that I've been playing for a few years I treat all these losses absolutely normally, I just don't care because it's an integral part of the game. Poker also helps me develop such a skill as concentration. When I'm doing something, I'm as focused on it as possible.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you wrote how much money you lost in poker, then you could understand how much it costs to acquire "discipline"

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I agree with you. Playing poker has also made me more disciplined and patient. Although at the beginning I was annoyed when I lost, now that I've been playing for a few years I treat all these losses absolutely normally, I just don't care because it's an integral part of the game. Poker also helps me develop such a skill as concentration. When I'm doing something, I'm as focused on it as possible.
Exactly friend. another very important thing that poker taught me was controlling emotions, poker is an amazing sport!

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you wrote how much money you lost in poker, then you could understand how much it costs to acquire "discipline"
So, it's not my case to have big losses, but I made some mistakes mainly in the final straights where I stopped winning what was already practically won and that made me very upset and that's when I started to police myself more so as not to make so many mistakes. misconceptions, this made me try to be more concentrated and thoughtful in these tournament phases.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, it's not my case to have big losses, but I made some mistakes mainly in the final straights where I stopped winning what was already practically won and that made me very upset and that's when I started to police myself more so as not to make so many mistakes. misconceptions, this made me try to be more concentrated and thoughtful in these tournament phases.
I am glad that you are so positive, you think that poker is a sport, it helps you to acquire positive qualities like discipline, patience, etc., but it is better to look at the negative sides of poker in order to have a clearer idea of this game , because all the same, there is a share of luck in poker, because it is a card game ..
regarding errors in the game, this is fixable, good luck

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Perspective and discipline are the major factors. Thanks for posting mate. Sorry if I’m being rude but it seems you are Brazilian, like myself, am I correct?

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am glad that you are so positive, think that poker is a sport, it helps you to acquire positive qualities such as discipline, patience, etc., but it is better to look at the negative sides of poker to have a clearer view of the idea of this game, because even so, there is a share of luck in poker, because it is a card game..
regarding errors in the game, this is correctable, good luck

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am glad that you are so positive, you think that poker is a sport, it helps you to acquire positive qualities like discipline, patience, etc., but it is better to look at the negative sides of poker in order to have a clearer idea of this game , because all the same, there is a share of luck in poker, because it is a card game ..
regarding errors in the game, this is fixable, good luck
Well my friend, it's a very small portion of luck! Poker is about the long term, the downside of poker is the players themselves. In my case, as I play poker professionally, I have to maintain a whole daily routine of studying and grinding, so I don't see luck as a harmful factor, poker is how the stock market is earned in the long term through studies behind it.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well my friend, it's a very small portion of luck! Poker is about the long term, the downside of poker is the players themselves. In my case, as I play poker professionally, I have to maintain a whole daily routine of studying and grinding, so I don't see luck as a harmful factor, poker is how the stock market is earned in the long term through studies behind it.
well, you know better, I'm not a regular, but a simple amateur;)

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My reply is not gonna be very original: Poker taught me patience. I am not a very patient person in real life and when playing I must be patient. So thanks a lot Mister Poker !

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
thanks to poker, I learned patience and became very patient than before, this is a big plus both in poker and in life, my aggression bothered me now it's just a little bit

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It hasn't brought many things yet, but it certainly will, I think discipline will be the first of them.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I agree with most about the discipline, the patience and the control of emotions. But in addition to those, I think poker keeps our brain sharp by contributing to the development of new networks between our neurons.

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me: 3 things stand out as the most important lessons i got from poker and i carry them for life

1 - You can't control every aspect of life, so just focus on the things you can control

2 - Even when you make all the best decisions, you still can end up losing

3 - If you consistently make good decisions, you will get better in the long run

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You can make plans but you can't plan the outcome.

Poker taught me that I'm really not that comfortable with the main premise behind poker... take money from another person. Exploit others and TAKE their money. Trick others in order to exploit them some more.
Another thing that poker has taught me is > I don't particularly like most poker players (for reasons I've stated above).

What I enjoy about the game is the strategies involved, the thinking on deeper levels, meta game stuff, etc. I also prefer to keep it as a hobby (perhaps it's all I'm capable of?). I don't think it has taught me any great life lessons though... aside from "kids, stay in school!" "get a job" "work on an attitude of gratitude".

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In poker, I've learned that the one with the best cards doesn't always win, but it does give you the most chances of winning... and there are a lot of braggards

Mandhollo

Mandhollo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can say that poker brought many important things to my life. First, I learned to be more disciplined and organized when it comes to managing my time and finances. Poker also helped me to develop faster and more accurate decision-making skills, as well as to better deal with pressure and stress. In addition, the game allowed me to meet a lot of interesting people and make new friends, which has been a very enriching experience. And finally, poker led me to travel to places that I never would have imagined, which is one of the most rewarding things that has ever happened in my life.