Information on Bots

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading the Thread on "bots" It made me interested and I was wondering if some of the Cardschaters, who know about "bots" would write a Thread about them. To give us a better understanding them.

Thanks,

:) :) :)

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would like to learn more about them also like what limits they play , sit and gos , mtts ,what sites they are found on . and if you really believe they are out there.

HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I googled vexbot. Read the entire article, and unless I misread it,this was a learning tool. Not an actual bot that plays poker for you. But rather, a bot you play, in order to improve your game. Did I miss something?

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I googled vexbot. Read the entire article, and unless I misread it,this was a learning tool. Not an actual bot that plays poker for you. But rather, a bot you play, in order to improve your game. Did I miss something?

Yes, vexbot can and does play poker. It is currently only capable of playing heads up but it is only a matter of time til that changes. Vexbot was put in heads up competition against Phil Laak amoung others and held it's own.

Want to play against one go here.

Download Poker Academy Pro - Free Trial

Last edited:
HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting. I must have missed that part. So you can actually buy this as a software, and use it with any poker software?

P

Pootz83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like thinking about this "bots" stuff.. I like to believe that poker is pure.. and if this really becomes a problem, don't people realize this is the kind of thing that can strip us of our being able to play online poker? this is absurd that these things are being noticed but not prevented. It is things like this that will bring our online poker playing to an end.. somebody will find a way to set up 20 bots playing low stakes games and clean up, and it will be identified as cheating.. than bam there's a reason that online poker is unsafe and therefor shouldn't be legal. I hate to think like this, but this is how our government will think. Something really needs to be done about this "bot" problem that seems to only be getting bigger from when i first heard about it

Winter75

Winter75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are bots that you can download off the internet that will sit and play for you. There are a million of them so you can pretty much choose on that fits your needs such as playing in tournaments, playing in sitngos etc. It is harder to find bots that play ring games because most are programmed to run based on changing blind levels such as are in tourneys and SnGs. But they are out there.

However, if you get caught using one your account is banned. Any money made on that account with the bot is confiscated by the site and your IP is usually banned as well.

Unfortunatly, it is a growing cost problem for poker sites because they have to keep up with the new bots coming out that are trying to avoid securities put in place by the sites. The bot makers are pulling in more money selling these bots to build better ones while the sites are tryin to combat them without having to raise rakes and lower bonuses.

JohnDixon

JohnDixon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't heard too much about "bots," but I've seen several programs claiming to "hack" your opponents computer and provide screenshots of their pocket cards. Not sure if this is even possible, but I've seen several videos on youtube where people are claiming to do this, and even offering the "software" for only $19.95! What a bargain! «- Sarcasim

HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Insane! Somebody definately should put an end to it. Somehow. Not sure how, I'm not a programmer, but something really should be done. Like periodically making you type in one of those screwy mixed "non-words" that robots aren't supposed to be able to indentify and reproduce. Just a thought.