INCREASING BANKROLL

B

bballspartan08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok.. I just depostited $25 into pokerstars and I turned it into $43.49 in 2 6.50 sng placing 1st in one.. I want to know your take on increasing my bankroll safetly but efficiently. So far I havent been doing well in any sort of cash game, maybe because it's not that well of a bankroll to be doing cash games?? It looks like these $6.50 6 player sng at pokerstars are pretty profitable?, but I don't think its that good of bankroll management safety..? What should i do :)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll management comes up in a lot of posts so ill give u a basic outline

if u are playing in a cash game, u must not put more than 5% of ur roll on the table{ in ur case that is about 2$}
in tournies and sngs u must not put more than 2.5% of ur roll at stake { thats 1$ for u}

im a bit of a bankroll nit so i like to follow a 1% rule for both tournies and cash games but with ur size roll u cant afford that

B

bballspartan08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I kno that rule by looking at what chris ferguson did, but its hard to do 1% with such a small bankroll, its almost hard to even do a 5% bankroll when I really dont want to do any kind of cash game?

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I kno that rule by looking at what chris ferguson did, but its hard to do 1% with such a small bankroll, its almost hard to even do a 5% bankroll when I really dont want to do any kind of cash game?
There are lots of MTTs for under $1 at pacific poker, but if you've already deposited at Pokerstars that probably doesn't really help very much :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management