ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
bluffing is a fundamental aspect of poker that can make or break a hand. Let's discuss bluffing and when to use it wisely.
How does your table image and the overall dynamics impact the success of a bluff? Do you adjust your bluffing frequency based on your image and the tendencies of your opponents?

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That presupposes that your opponents are actually paying attention to your table image. Chances are they aren't.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't have a rule when and how I bluff, during the game the decision to bluff is made based on knowledge of the players. If you are at the table for a while it will be hard to bluff because you do not know what the reaction of the opponents will be, the longer you play you have the knowledge among the players and this allows you to make a more informed choice.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my rules are clear to me.

rule 1 - don't bluff at the start of the tournament.

rule 2 - don't bluff conservative players.

rule 3 - bluff against medium/regular players.

rule 4 - bluff 25% in the middle of the tournament (depends on my stack).

Rule 5 - bluff 45% in the ICM with 3 tables or 2 tables (depends on my stack)

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, deception is necessary and I use it especially when I am trapped or when I feel that other players are cowards .

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, like someone say the best opportunity to bluff is when you know how play the villain in the table.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The bluff it varies from situation to situation. To know if a bluff is good or not, we have to know how to adjust the interaction of the board with our range/opponents. There's also no point in bluffing an opponent who doesn't know how to fold a top pair, for example. That is, you have to ask yourself if it makes sense to bluff in the specific spot, and if you have fold equity vs your opponent.