I'm Starting a Poker Blog

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna be taking a look around, there is one small thing that you may want to fix, the link on the OP is linking to a non-existent page. I believe you can't edit the post, but what you can do is create that page again so it contains something or redirect it to the main page of your blog ;)

I see a:

Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.
// End the first if

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna be taking a look around, there is one small thing that you may want to fix, the link on the OP is linking to a non-existent page. I believe you can't edit the post, but what you can do is create that page again so it contains something or redirect it to the main page of your blog ;)

I see a:

Ok, I'll take a look at that. Thanks.

M

MikeMarkus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to do same thing

if u want some help i can help u with blog in exchange for helping me with my blog etc maybe

fialhosm

fialhosm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations for the initiative.
I've thought about doing a project like this, but the time I have is too short to devote to something so complex.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Molly Bloom and why you should make sure to check out the upcoming movie, Molly's game.

http://www.acepokersolutions.com/po...m-every-poker-player-watch-mollys-game-movie/

Just fyi, for those who don't know me, I've worked with several actors and I've done poker coaching for pro athletes. I worked w/ one of the key actors (Jeremy Strong), on the movie Molly's game. I provided a lot of feedback and suggestions on how the poker scenes should be shot to get the most realism. It should be a strong poker movie, and an interesting story in general.

It's coming out for award season and has so far received good initial reviews.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Molly Bloom and why you should make sure to check out the upcoming movie, Molly's game.

http://www.acepokersolutions.com/po...m-every-poker-player-watch-mollys-game-movie/

Just fyi, for those who don't know me, I've worked with several actors and I've done poker coaching for pro athletes. I worked w/ one of the key actors (Jeremy Strong), on the movie Molly's game. I provided a lot of feedback and suggestions on how the poker scenes should be shot to get the most realism. It should be a strong poker movie, and an interesting story in general.

It's coming out for award season and has so far received good initial reviews.

Is it gonna air on Netflix?

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks great, I hope you share good content, good luck!

R

ryangray420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck on the blog i will take a look here n there keep up the good work and look forward to reading some

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Interesting concept for this article, John. Having a solid mental game is essential to being a winning player. It's good to point out to people that knowing how to play your cards is never going to be enough to beat the game.

But I have to say that while the article was a good starting place for the concept, I had some issues with the content (and not just that the capitalization of "Poker" made me a little crazy--it is not a proper noun). For example, I've seen plenty of successful pros look back down at their cards . And what the article describes as the flaw of being "positive" is really the flaw of being overconfident and ****y. True positivity is something different than what is described.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting concept for this article, John. Having a solid mental game is essential to being a winning player. It's good to point out to people that knowing how to play your cards is never going to be enough to beat the game.

But I have to say that while the article was a good starting place for the concept, I had some issues with the content (and not just that the capitalization of "Poker" made me a little crazy--it is not a proper noun). For example, I've seen plenty of successful pros look back down at their cards . And what the article describes as the flaw of being "positive" is really the flaw of being overconfident and ****y. True positivity is something different than what is described.

I actually didn't write that article. The author is at the bottom. As far as looking back at cards, it can mean a lot of different things for different players. It has to be evaluated in context for sure.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips