I'm scolded by my girlfriend, that I play a lot)

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tell me about it. the guy cant even relax playing a little poker

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with most things it is hard to improve unless you are putting in the time to practice and learn.

Good point that (if they are interested) trying to involve the people close to you in the learning process could benefit you all... especially if they don't understand what poker entails.

Explaining what you learn and why you check/bet/raise to another person will help you establish good fundamentals.

Good luck!

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the issue is money, learn good bankroll managment and stick to it! Plenty of good sites out there will tell you about it. If you can turn a small profit and work it up, that's never going to be a relationship breaker!

But if the issue is time then you have to make sure you spend time together doing things that you both actually enjoy; as well as the things you do apart.

This is the best response IMO, just something extra to add:

Never forget, key to a relationship is communication, ask her why she feels like that, try come to a reasonable solution for both sides. I don't think she would mind you playing as a hobby if the hours were not exaggerated and you weren't blowing rent money.

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the best response IMO, just something extra to add:

Never forget, key to a relationship is communication, ask her why she feels like that, try come to a reasonable solution for both sides. I don't think she would mind you playing as a hobby if the hours were not exaggerated and you weren't blowing rent money.
It's all good to read), but sometimes the girls just do not understand!

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is consuming way too much of your free time and you don't show interest in getting out and doing things with her, that could be a problem for the relationship. Sometimes it is hard for a person to realize that they are not having good balance in their life. Try to explain to her that poker is something you enjoy, but you obviously can't play 24/7 and be consumed by it.

Q

q10tarantino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife doesn't like it when I play poker either. I play with the kids until they go to sleep and then I play poker for a couple hours. I think it is not an issue of money but just the time.

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife limits my deposits for poker, because she always tells me i never win big money. heh $40 a week, which is okay for me, better than nothing
girlfriends are much different than wives.

you have a good wife my friend. ) I envy))):icon_king

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My girlfriend scolds me, too, and I make concessions with her. Family's more important than poker.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a strange topic, but I wonder if I'm the only one?
Just my girlfriend is afraid that I will lose a lot of money)
Haha)
It's just she really scolds me for poker !!!
And I love him and play it!:cool::cool:

Just sleep with her more often, that will fix it.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
well do you lose a lot of money? if you are winning, I don't think she would complain as much imo.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well this is an easy one?

"My gf said she's going to leave me if I don't give up poker. I'm sure gonna miss her..." :D

J/k

Only humor folks. Move along.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a strange topic, but I wonder if I'm the only one?
Just my girlfriend is afraid that I will lose a lot of money)
Haha)
It's just she really scolds me for poker !!!
And I love him and play it!:cool::cool:

This is NOT about poker.

It is about the power struggle in every relationship.

She is trying to exert control.

And, that is ok, and normal....and probably she loves you - otherwise she wouldn't even try.

It's just that every time she says the word "poker" I hear "Me, me, me, me, me."

Good luck !

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time to get a new girlfriend who plays poker.:):):)

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do whatever you want, see the consequences and move on.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep playing. Just use your head. And everything you will succeed.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Girlfriend?

Poker is your girlfriend.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife scolds me too that I spend a lot of time playing poker and don't win anything. I try to play poker when she's not home.:)

C

colinmcn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do the Dish's

My wife as well so if i spend more time getting things done around the house she doesn't complain as MUCH

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The part with 'tell her you are just playing play money' sounds like a very bad idea to me. I am a woman myself and for sure she will found out you were lying 🙈.

In my case My boyfriend started playing poker. First I was very sceptical myself, but after he explained me how it worked I was convinced he was playing with an innocent amount of money and I even started playing myself.:D

So maybe it will work to watch some livestreams on twitch together, learn her some strategies, open an account for her and start with some freeroll tournaments. At least you can try? For sure I would be very very mad if I would find out my boyfriend is lying about how much money he spend.

Is "His money His money", or Is "His money your money"? For you to get mad about "His money", as If It were "Him spending your money, Is absurd". While, everyone likes to "Spend money, and buy things, and Just have money to (Have money)", It's another thing to (Control), someone else's finances.

No-One has the right to, "get upset over someone else's spending habits", Especially If It's not "Your money that the said person Is spending In the first place".

Now, had you both, decided (We're gonna have a Joint bank account), and each paycheck, we're gonna save X/Amount from our pay cheques In our (Joint account), and split the bills 50/50, and the have a couples night out, and keep X/Amount to do with (As we each well plz separately from our own pay cheques). Than you later find out, that (Your partner has been dipping Into the Joint account), and spending/splurging on It on poker (That's understandable), for you to get upset over.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, so why scolded, if you do not lose? my wife supports me about poker, but I don’t play much, so there’s no reason to quarrel about it)))

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ez game

Attachments

• stop playing lol.jpg
    stop playing lol.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 18
Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, just I happen to me, but by scolding Jha Jha, but sometimes what I do is stop playing with it to be quiet and get out. So I advise rest for a couple of days a week to spend time with her. regards

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been with the same woman for over 20 years and unless you're spending an absurd amount of money online, your girlfriend/wife probably just wants you to spend more time with her unless she's a gold digger and she thinks every cent should be spent on her.
In case of the latter, push her aside, gold diggers are nothing more than con-artists.