Im an emotional person, and its bad

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel incapable of battling this... then yes turn off chat. OR you could take steps to change your line of thinking which I think, in the end, will strengthen your game much more. Read the Zen and focus in on the game. People talking like that are a complete joke. Be secure in your own game and let the flyers be flyers.

Its not so much that i'm incapable, i'm just a naturally fiery and passionate person, i can't completely change my personality, all i can do is try to adapt, and not think about poker in that way, just like with road rage, there will always be bad, rude and inconsiderate drivers, but its pointless spending your life getting irate and stressed.

To me, poker is about 3 things, self improvement (not wanting to sound corny), making a bit of money for extra stuff, and having fun.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Animals that do not have emotions don't spend hours choosing between two options
Animals don't have emotions?:confused: I'm pretty certain they do.

My one dog seems to only have one emotion... he's perma-happy! His enthusiasm has a tendancy to wear off on me, especially while I'm playing poker (if I could only teach him how to click the buttons)

Attachments

• bark ok.gif
    bark ok.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 78
S

SlowHabit

Tri Nguyen
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play, take notes of your emotional states.

After a while, you'll see a common set of "triggers" that put you on tilt.

Next time when you play, quit your session before too many of these triggers appear.

Tilt control is doable when you're NOT on tilt. Once you're in it, all bets are off. No pun intended.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
OP is posting elsewhere about chatting others up during hands, this thread is obv a waste of time, if you are trying to help him/her.

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP is posting elsewhere about chatting others up during hands, this thread is obv a waste of time, if you are trying to help him/her.

Bit harsh, that was a very isolated incident from that came from a barrage of abuse from that particular person.. i see your point, but can assure you im not like that at all normally, he just got to me.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helped me to turn chat off and focus on solid play.

C

commanderpants

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup - that's it! Just turn off the chat and you'll be amazed at how much information you were missing out on earlier.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

Only my second post, new to the forum, i realise there are many threads on dealing with tilt, but my problem is not just tilt, its becoming increasingly irritated by rude and classless people...you know the ones, with the comments.,..especially on PKR, such as
Fresh Fish, Booo, Cya, Ship it..

And then the ones that just mouth off constantly.

The problem is, i get dragged into all that crap too easily, and it puts me off my game. I went through a stage of just muting anyone instantly that started any bullshit, but am i missing out on information.

I know the easy answer from you people that can control emotiuon easier, will just be, ignore them.. but i find it hard.

Does it not irritate when people are rude and lack taste?

i agree it is irritating but its best to get annoyed, that is exactly what they want. in my humble opinion, there is no need to be rude and vulgar at the table

Johniblayze

Johniblayze

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to find out why its bothering you so much. I don't think there's really a simple solution out there. Everyone is different and what makes some ppl lol makes others go on monkey tilt. Why does it bother you so much? I am a very emotional person as well & some ppl go way over the line & it bothers me too. I agree that there is a fine line between needling and just being a bad person.

There are so many skills involved with being a poker player, look at the chat as being another skill you can work on & improve over time. I used to 25 table mtt's and didn't have time to even look at chat. Now I play hu and love to use chat. I like to be friendly with my opps. A big part of playing sng's is having fold equity when you shove. You notice how if you catch a big run of cards or are running over the table someone will stand up and call you down really light. He's taking the stand and saying f this a**hole. If your on good terms with your opponents and friendly I think they will give you way more credit on your bluffs and shoves when really your getting out a line. If they like you, they won't try to play police and call your shoves light. Not trying to say make every other player a bff but if ppl at your table like you, you may be able to gain a big edge.

Anyways, everyone plays poker differently and there is no right or wrong way to play in most cases. I love using the chat now that i play hu. I look at it like its just 1 more area of poker you can improve on & have an edge over your opponents.

Hopefully some of this made some sense, If not my bad.

Seeya

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
^^^^^^^ ditto.....putting you on tilt is plan F (to use when A B C D and E have failed) I don't usually start it ..but i love championing the "donk" and throwing the "GooD" player on tilt for doing so....it can make chat colorful for a while and usually ends with me saying "that's not what your mom said" but you get the jest.

not saying i do it all the time ...but you know your mom she gets around....lol...lol

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Talking bs in chat =

1st - Making players aware they are playing bad so they may adjust their game

2nd - Making players aware that you are bad so they may adjust their game

3rd - Running the risk of possibly offending a less experienced player & having he/she leave the table

..Honestly, I just view my stats and HUD while at the tables.