I'm at this point

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys i just donked out of the $5 full tilt buy [poor decision by myself not really unlucky KQ<KQ suited] in and lost another $5 in a ring game
and am currently in the midst of my most recent downswing.

But it got me thinking, so i decided to think and post.

Every poker player reaches certain stages when maturing as a player.

STAGES
1. that stage where we wanna learn all we can about the game and get better
2. that stage where bad beats no longer upset us and we understand it's part of the game
3. that stage where we almost think we were better off before we got all our poker knowledge and were oblivious to things like pot odds, implied odds, equity etc
4. the stage where we realize the above stage is a ridiculous thought and we immediately move on
5. the stage where we enjoy learning and studying the game as much as playing it
6. for some players who reach all these stages they may find themselves winning players for a span of time [in my case in the year since I've started micro stakes I'm a winning player and have successfully turned $60 into $500+]

thanks to my most recent downswing I'm at a new stage
7. I'm ok with my downswing because i have made tons of good decisions and just been outdrawn the majority of time. Also I'm ok with my downswing because it means im making +EV decisions and feel im at the top of my game with bad results.

Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any thoughts or stages or anything of this nature to share then share away

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant wait til the winning part im makin the right decsions but like you i get drawn out on