If you could change one thing about Holdem what would it be?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd cancel the stupid moves...I really don't know how to do that. :)

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three blinds instead of two. Say a 1,2,3 or 1,2,4. I would like to see how that would work out in real time instead of just in my mind.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most frustrating holdem rule for me is that 2 pairs at the board beat 2 pairs at hand exple
You have TT, vilan has AK
Board is JQ2JQ vilan wins with QQJJ A kicker
You louse with QQJJ T kicker,i hate that rule

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would get rid of speed games i think they harm the game by splitting the player pool to much.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not see the need for change. In my opinion everything is perfect.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No 10-handed tables.

If 2 players went all in pre flop with the same cards (e.g. AA x AA) it is an auto tie, and there is no board.

You have to announce your made hand in order to win.

players eliminated after losing a 80/20 or better spot will get a bad beat reward and/or qualify into a freeroll.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me that in poker for a long time all came up to us and change something it is very hard for example how to change its rules if playing because of the day he still surprises you something new)

jappchop

jappchop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol the so called random 4 card boards with flushes and str8ts:fight:

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cut the delay time down. Some clowns want to run their time limit out and fold.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to know what you would change about the game if you could. Any rule, anything. focus on one thing but feel free to include multiple.

I would change the single most frustrating aspect of this game. The one thing that has made me contemplate quitting all together.

- You MUST have TWO of that suit in your hand for it to be a Flush. (Maybe make it to where the only way to have the flush with one of that suit in your hand is if the whole board is that suit already)
I guess they would have to do something similar with straights but i would do anything to change the stupid one card flushes. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :) lol
If I had the opportunity to change something in poker, it would be that the kicker cards are played the same way, then one player has the A8 and the other A9 has the A3572 cards on the table and he wins the senior kicker . Player A10 has another player AJ on the table AQK89 and he wins with senior kicker J, I’m for the kicker card to play the hand- equally, and I would also like- to change - so that in good tournaments on hold'em they remove the late registration which takes 2 hours each and- more- would do it in 20- 30-40 minutes for many players it was very good
!

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol no I just mean 4 on the board. That 5th river card is an absolute death bringer. I equate it to 15 round boxing, its just too much for the human body to take
Interesting,,,,endless turn cards? :eek:

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
joker

I would not change anything in the game - as much as she is good. The only thing that I could add TO TEKHASS HOLD is the card joker. Its purpose is to replace any card you wish. But when it comes on the table, it just burns. That is, it can only be used in your hands . It would be very funny and unusual))))):cool::cool::cool:

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would say flush lower than straight, I think straight requires more thinking/strategy but flush for me is pure luck, and they have this rule in 6+ holdem if I remember correctly

Flush beats straight for a reason - it is mathematically more difficult. That is why it changes in 6+ because it then becomes easier.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
- You MUST have TWO of that suit in your hand for it to be a Flush. (Maybe make it to where the only way to have the flush with one of that suit in your hand is if the whole board is that suit already)
I guess they would have to do something similar with straights but i would do anything to change the stupid one card flushes. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :) lol

Where do you play that rule? I have played in over 20 poker rooms across North America, and none of them requires two of the same suit in your hand for a flush. Are you thinking of the bad beat rule in a poker room? If so, I see your point. If not, please explain where on this planet a five card flush MUST include two hole cards.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Where do you play that rule? I have played in over 20 poker rooms across North America, and none of them requires two of the same suit in your hand for a flush. Are you thinking of the bad beat rule in a poker room? If so, I see your point. If not, please explain where on this planet a five card flush MUST include two hole cards.

Omaha :p but he wants that rule to be added :eek:
he's sick of being beat by 4 card flushes and one trash card of that suit in your hand.
I definitely hate it but wouldn't change it or anything :)

I would change how poker sites run the games though. I hate long late registrations with a passion :)
especially in low stakes tourneys. jmo :)

Last edited:
Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Omaha :p but he wants that rule to be added :eek:
he's sick of being beat by 4 card flushes and one trash card of that suit in your hand.
I definitely hate it but wouldn't change it or anything :)

I would change how poker sites run the games though. I hate long late registrations with a passion :)
especially in low stakes tourneys. jmo :)

Thanks for clarifying Jay. I don't play Omaha. Flush draws are part of the game - nobody likes getting beat that way. I am with you - keep that rule.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would change the pot limit holdem that is always a no limit game that is pure !!!

P

Percivalpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Flush beats straight for a reason - it is mathematically more difficult. That is why it changes in 6+ because it then becomes easier.

It's not like I don't know that, it just frustrates me, because I see a lot flushes beating my straight:)

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its unfair when A2-pairs higher then KQ-pairs, it would be nice the total "weight" of the pair is calculated as in black jack :)

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to know what you would change about the game if you could. Any rule, anything. focus on one thing but feel free to include multiple.

I would change the single most frustrating aspect of this game. The one thing that has made me contemplate quitting all together.

Come and play Omaha and that will never happen

I don’t like how you can play the board
Let’s say board is AKQJT. No flush
You hold AA and villain holds AJ.
Board plays the pot is split with straight

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I won't change anything about Holdem. I like it the way it is already. No need to change a good game at all.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules