I7AXA Finishes 2nd $148K in PS Sunday Million LAST week, loses it all THIS WEEK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...because it's against TOS to play underage, and if for some reason they did find out you'd been playing underage they might be able to take your money? IIRC it's common practice for Stars to temporarily freeze the accounts of players who have a big tournament win to confirm identity or carry out more through than usual background checks.

^^^^I swear I never had a clue at all, I always figured it's the same as any cash out request, but thx for clearing this up...Well I could care less personally If I won 148K+ I'd be happy to show my Citizenship in a Milli Second:), BTW I Do understand playing underage is against the TOS...Just didn't know about the security back ground checks

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That just looks too suspicious. I think he chip dump the $$$$.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you saw the sunday millions final table I don't think it would take you long to see why this doesn't look suspicious. He has played various opponents who are regs at the stakes he played. I saw him heads up in that final and it is absolutely no surprise he got destroyed at $5k heads up matches.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you saw the sunday millions final table I don't think it would take you long to see why this doesn't look suspicious. He has played various opponents who are regs at the stakes he played. I saw him heads up in that final and it is absolutely no surprise he got destroyed at $5k heads up matches.

^^^^Ya H.U he just really sucked, over all he sucked TBH (But then again I've never made a final table of that magnitude myself, So I'm just hating):)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

On cursory inspection sure, it might look like that. But there have been extensive discussions elsewhere about why it's highly unlikely to be what's happened in this case. Points that have been suggested (not by me) include:

- He lost to lots of different players, many of whom were known regs at the levels being played.
- The way specific hands / games were played is inconsistent with someone trying to dump chips.
- Same goes for the constant changes in stakes.
- I could be wrong (someone please correct me if I am) but it'd be both easier and cheaper (in terms of rake) to dump on a cash table if that was the goal. Instead, he played HU SnGs.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On cursory inspection sure, it might look like that. But there have been extensive discussions elsewhere about why it's highly unlikely to be what's happened in this case. Points that have been suggested (not by me) include:

- He lost to lots of different players, many of whom were known regs at the levels being played.
- The way specific hands / games were played is inconsistent with someone trying to dump chips.
- I could be wrong (someone please correct me if I am) but it'd be both easier and cheaper (in terms of rake) to dump on a cash table if that was the goal. Instead, he played HU SnGs.

Just curious Oz, what could make a sane person do this? Blow that amount of money (Without being rich)? I don't believe the Chip dumping thing for the reasons you have pointed out, but what exactly is the reasoning behind this? I mean (Just think), you played 14+Hours to make this Final Table (Donked it hardcore on the FT), was Chip leader H.U and then Donked that....Took 2nd place for 148K and then does this right after-wards....Now I maybe mistaken but this doesn't seem like a sane person's attitude/thought process, or am I missing something here?:confused:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just curious Oz, what could make a sane person do this? Blow that amount of money (Without being rich)? I don't believe the Chip dumping thing for the reasons you have pointed out, but what exactly is the reasoning behind this? I mean (Just think), you played 14+Hours to make this Final Table (Donked it hardcore on the FT), was Chip leader H.U and then Donked that....Took 2nd place for 148K and then does this right after-wards....Now I maybe mistaken but this doesn't seem like a sane person's attitude/thought process, or am I missing something here?:confused:

*shrugs*

I don't claim to have any better insight into this than anyone else - I guess there could be any number of explanations ranging from "I don't care about the money" to "I'm an insane degen".

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It almost blows the mind that he won 2nd place and then just blows it. It would seem he chip dumped to someone, maybe he is one of these under aged bogus account people and he cant get the money anyways, who knows

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It almost blows the mind that he won 2nd place and then just blows it. It would seem he chip dumped to someone, maybe he is one of these under aged bogus account people and he cant get the money anyways, who knows

*sigh*

Read the whole thread, it's unlikely either of those things was the case.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I did read it and you yourself said it was a possibility, thanks for assuming I didnt and nope dont read 500 page 2+2 threads

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Russian to English translation - a must.

Thats completely twisted insanity.
No Chip dump - just plain stupidity beyond belief.

OUCH !!!

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO the guy just tried to round his winnings off to $150k and went on ubertilt when he couldn't make it happen. Spent the rest of the ~3 days (or whatever) telling himself he could win it back and proceeded to lose it all.

Chip dumping? HELLLLLLLL NOOOOO!!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Read the quoted post above your's & then think it over for a bit.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thread sparked my interest in the high stakes HU HyperTurbo SNG's,.. no not to play them with my baby micro bankroll.. but just to see who's playing them.
Watched a couple games & saw one guy from SaudiArabia down $568k (in SNG). Umm.. WoW! He should consider hiring a coach imo ;)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW. Think his stats might be trying to tell him something. He's obviously loaded though so it doesn't really matter to him I'm sure.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
OK he didnt chip dump or whatever else we said, of course he just legit dropped that much cash that quick. SO i guess the only repsond this thread should of got was

WOW

LOT OF MONEY

OK

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW thats a lot of money to win and lose

even easier to post

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to confirm...100% pokerstars immediately requests identity documents (if you had not provided them previously) if you final table ANY of their "signature tournaments", obviously including Sunday Million, as well as others like $162 Nightly, WCOOP, etc

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO the guy just tried to round his winnings off to $150k and went on ubertilt when he couldn't make it happen. Spent the rest of the ~3 days (or whatever) telling himself he could win it back and proceeded to lose it all.

Chip dumping? HELLLLLLLL NOOOOO!!!

This is something I could see myself doing, which is why I should probably stop drinking while I play.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is something I could see myself doing, which is why I should probably stop drinking while I play.

I don't think (and I don't know you), but I don't believe you'd blow 148K for the sole purpose of gaining 2K...No matter how badly the urge maybe (Then again this is just my own thinking)

Status
Not open for further replies.