I wish I was good at poker

rainsoaked

rainsoaked

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know, AG. I was there (bobbyjoeblue). Onward and upward, BIG GUY :thumbsup:

But to be fair, exclude the OOP part of my advice w/r to the above hand :)
(but the first-born part still stands!)

Last edited:
Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know you're a good player AG, so I assume you are really asking, will the losing streaks ever stop happening?

I don't think anyone crushes games in the "losing streaks don't happen" sense.

I think that there are people who are able to consistently win and whose losing streaks are just a product of the variance that comes with what you correctly identify as a very small winning edge.

The Phil Ivey's of this world win with great publicity and lose on the quiet more often than not, not to say they are not winning and great players, just that crushing games as a matter of course doesn't happen.

However...

I do think that it's possible to get to a point where skill is a sufficiently big factor that losing streaks are unlikely to be crippling. In part this is due to being better than the opposition (and give me donks any day) but it's also a product of playing a style of game that gives the skill element the opportunity to show itself. In part this is playing post-flop poker (which is probably an oversimplification) but increasingly I think that every aspect of the game can be thought of in these terms (can't be more coherent than that yet I'm afraid).

That said I've had a lovely bad streak for a month or two which I've started to turn round in the last couple of weeks with some good results. Tricky part is sticking to your game while it's happening.