I want to record videos of my online play

pwnagefactor54

pwnagefactor54

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there, I play on AP and i'm known as tdegeezy. I want to start recording myself playing so i can actually understand my thought process and maybe catch myself if I make any dumb plays, and also to possibly help others too. I just dont know what type of software I need that can record my screen as I play at a table and also record my voice at the same time as well. Does anybody have any suggestions?
:icon_sant

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CamStudio will do the screen and should be free, just google it.

Most computers include recording sound or there are cheap tape recorders. If you want sound and video recorded at the same time and put into one file you may need to purchase some software as I don't know of any free stuff that can do that.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the thinking here. Recording one's self playing could be so much deeper than just looking at stats.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the thinking here. Recording one's self playing could be so much deeper than just looking at stats.

When I started out I planned on doing it every time I played, but then I realized that watching a game takes just as long to play, while reviewing pokertracker doesn't take that long and I can spend a lot of time replaying interesting hands in their hand replayer (and posting them here if I need further analysis).

It's good, as long as you can truly pay attention to watching yourself play the entire time and be honest with yourself. Some people have boredom problems playing, imagine the boredom at watching yourself fold the majority of the time. If you think you can handle it, and have the free time (that you don't want to use playing), it's a good idea and will probably improve your play more than just reviewing stats and key hands (although I'd still utilize the HA sections here). Good luck :)