I WANT MORE!!

D

Dayne G.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More + more = more!

When I’m skiing, I want the biggest storm, possible, to come through. I want the softest, sweetest powder that’s ever been touched. More snow, more snow, more snow!

When I’m staring down the best hitter in baseball, I want the best fastball on the planet. Give me more speed, more movement, more placement. I want the biggest kick, the best move to first base, and the strongest arm. Give me more!

When I’m at the poker table, I want more money! I want more money on the table, I want more money in my pockets, and I want more money hidden in my mattress.

MORE + MORE = MORE!

The more money I have to play with today, tomorrow, and next year… the better I’ll play… which equals the more money I’ll have on the table, in my pockets, and in my mattress. Don’t believe me? Put your name on the $100/200 limit list with $5000 in your BR, or $2000 buy-in NL Tourney with the same $5000. Feeling confident yet? What would make you feel better? $10,000? $20,000? $200,000? More? I want more!

More makes me feel comfortable, confident, maybe even arrogant. How much is enough? Sh!t, you actually think there’s enough?! Not for me… I want more than you, and hope you don’t want more than me. How much more will make you feel unflappable when that river snaps your perfect play? How much more is enough to bluff-raise the river on the bubble?

I used to think in terms of “enough,” rather than MORE… but no more! No more, do I focus on the minimum that will allow me to play in game ‘X’. I want to know how much will allow me to dominate game ‘X’. The answer, I’ve found, is always… more, more, more! I want more in my BR than the players that are going to be semi-bluffing me regularly. More gives me power over those types. More makes me believe, that even if they outplay me now… later will always come for me, because I have more backup in my mattress.

It’s so sad, knowing that the vast majority of new players nowadays don’t know the power of more. They want to play in ‘Big Game X’ right now, not understanding that now will soon turn into never.

Short BR today = Broke tomorrow!

Thoughts? ;)

Stay focused,
Dayne

C

chainfire98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this post, and i don't know why.