Did I Play This Wrong?

J

JMack986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had a hand keep going though my head for the last 2 days and I just cant seem to lay it to rest. So this is my way of putting it to paper. I wanted to see if you guys would have come to the same outcome as I did. It was the last hand of the night I had roughly £100 in front of me from a buy in of £20 and we where playing .25p/.50p blinds. I picked up pockets aces from 4th to act on a 9-person table. It had been called all the way to me; I raised £4 pre-flop as usually you will end up getting a lot of callers on the last hand. I ended up only getting two calls one very loose player in 5th to act and the small blind called. The flop came down 6s 6c 5h, I thought to follow though with a bet and hopefully take down the pot there and then I bet £9.50 roughly 3/4 of the pot, after my bet I got instantly raised to £23 by 5th place to act the loose player. small blind folded leaving the action to me.

In this situation what would you do? I am not going to reveal his cards I just want to see what people believe is the correct move to do here?

:) Your Views Are Much Appreciated :)

Kind Regards

JMack986

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The range of hands that put you in trouble is too high to make the call or push all in with. pkt 6 and 5's, 65 or 6x beats you, 34 78 are scary too. The raiser probably knows you missed the flop and may only have AK AQ or a pkt pr himself or could be on a cold bluff figuring your making a cbet to a missed flop. IMO in live games like this you have to go with your knowlege of the opposing player.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the thread title it seems easy to assume that you came over the top and got called by some marginal hand, K6 or Q6 or something that had you crushed and ruined your night, though maybe you have a twist that you then caught an ace on a later street to take it down.

Whatever the outcome, I think that although you chucked 13.50 into this pot you should be able to walk away from it at this point as you are still well up for the night. Win some, lose some. No? It's a dilemna though as it could be any other over pair thinking he's ahead but I think its a fold based on the action.

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
the flop is rainbow but there is a pair on the flop. seeing how he is loose its possible he has the 6 but seem very unlikely with the raise unless he had ace 6 or high pockets than the flop which is wat i think he has. i put him on jacks even sicker if he just have a open ender.so i would reraise but im gonna guess he had the 6 right since you cant stop thinking about the hand or maybe pocket 55s?:p

J

JMack986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I ended up pushing putting him on over pair or over cards after a long think. i did this because I was only really been dead to a 6 which is quite unlikely with the raise size pre-flop or my worst fear which turned out to be that he turned over his pockets 5s ouch last hand of the night first time I have been felted in a lot of weeks. I didn’t want to put the result in the question as anyone can comment on what they would do if the answer is right in front of them I just wanted your opinions on it, and from what i read it seems very mixed on how to play this one.

Thank for the comments hope you guys don't find yourself in a hand like this!

JMack986

G

GrisGrisAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely would have folded to this board. Too much to lose. We're up. Stay that way.