I play too tight

K

Kreepy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so one thing ive learned over the last couple months. I play too tight. If i sit at the same table in a tourney for a while people start to read me like an open book. If I raise, I have a hand, if i call Im on the blind. I tried to loosen up today and then I just found myself getting out called or going back to my tightness.

Anyone else been down this road?? If so Im looking for suggestions on what would be good to help improve my game.

Getting blinded out or staying below average is starting to suck. and finally getting a hand and being forced to go all in is not making me happy.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch Daniel Negreanu's videos on youtube. just search small ball poker. Try his system for awhile and see if that helps you loosen up any.:):)

A

allintuit247

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so one thing ive learned over the last couple months. I play too tight. If i sit at the same table in a tourney for a while people start to read me like an open book. If I raise, I have a hand, if i call Im on the blind. I tried to loosen up today and then I just found myself getting out called or going back to my tightness.

Anyone else been down this road?? If so Im looking for suggestions on what would be good to help improve my game.

Actually, that sounds very familiar until recently. I found that I was a good player, concentrating on my hands and my chips and my way...but I was getting beaten down and getting no better. When I started seeing better results was when I made myself pay more attention to the other players and how they were playing. I had focused almost completely on my own game. I never bluffed and never pushed without the ahem lol. Don't know if that helps. GL
Getting blinded out or staying below average is starting to suck. and finally getting a hand and being forced to go all in is not making me happy.