I need some big help

J

JonSherwood

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing online with real money now for probably about two weeks, maybe a little less, at party poker. I don't really like Party Poker very much but hey they gave me $15 free dollars into my account and I guess they accomplished what they wanted by getting me to play on their site.

The problem is this: I keep getting up about $40 and then I head straight back down. I've been in this cycle for a while now. And I can't seem to get above the $40. It seems like I'll work my way up their with ease and then I'll start playing again a couple hours later or the next day and head straight back down. The lowest my bankroll has been is $4 and then from their I went back up, and now I'm back down to $12.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or like know what I can do to stop it? I'd really like to keep the bankroll going up instead of both all the way up and all the way down.

It's driving me crazy.:eek:

Jon

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What types of games do you play?

Sit-n-gos?

Cash games?

Tournaments?

J

JonSherwood

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games...Every now and then I'll do a sit&go but I really don't like how party poker's are set up so I've only won money in one of about 3 I've played.

I'm thinking maybe once I start losing I go on tilt a bit. I think i'm just gonna try to quit when I start losing. Maybe come back later or something. Like just now I was getting monster cards and the flops were never hitting and always had someone else hitting a huge hand. So I just quit. I'm not gonna play til the freeroll today. I don't wanna play when I'm losing anymore, I can't keep consistent with how I play. Bah.

Jon

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel yourself starting to go on tilt, its time to take a breather and take a walk around the block, or GET AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

If you quit when you feel like you are starting to play bad, you are cutting your losses and then, when you have a winning session your bankroll steadily increases and doesn't fluctuate too much.

bpazjr13

bpazjr13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, are you playing limit or no-limit?

for limit games you are advised to start with a bankroll that is 300 times the big blind you are at the table.

if you are playing .5/1 limit tables and you are fluctuating about $30 + and - that is quite normal. so when starting with $15 and then getting up to $40 and then back down to $4 ... there's nothing wrong.. just your BR is so small for the blinds you are playing

F

ffbigfoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend taking a break when you find yourself starting to lose. You might be more inclined to keep playing to try and "Win it back". This is when I find myself to be playing at my worst. It is best to take a break and come back later and start over.