I need some bankroll advice plz

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted my sharkscope graph from SnGs. Lately I've been running so awful I've been losing money. In fact, just a few days ago I've had to make my first deposit since the very first day I played on full tilt. I deposited $500 and right now I have just about $500. If your wondering how I lost so much, I really didn't lose as much as it looks, I've deposited many thousands $s from full tilt to my bank account so I could pay for school and books and stuff and just have spending money. I won almost $10,000 in a MTT once a few months ago and transferred most of that to my bank account.

For the past few weeks tho I just can't seem to make any profits, I'm in like a rut. I've actually lost several thousand $$$. I've suffered so many bad beats and lost nearly every single all in race.

What should I do to build up my bankroll? Right now I play $33+3 sngs. I really don't like MTTs, because they take up so much time and because right now I'm so unlucky I'm certain to take a bad beat when I get to the bubble of the MTT.

Attachments

• Sharkscope graph.jpg
    Sharkscope graph.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 25
Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i certainly don't play at your limits but it sounds to me like natural variance. take a break, read a book. do what ever you have to do to clear your head and come back to play when you are ready.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you won $10k in a tournament ---> full tilt is not actually rigged DUCY?

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanquish, if you watched me play today you'd agree it's rigged too.

Anyway, I'm not losing $ because I'm on tilt or because I need a break, I'm losing $ because I'm ridiculously unlucky every single game I play. I do get upset sometimes when I lose a lot of money but it doesn't bother me so bad that I play worse or make mistakes I normally wouldn't in the next game.

Anyway, what limits should I be playing and what kinda games/tournaments are best to play to rebuild my BR?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play whatever stakes/game types you play best.

This isn't a question you should be asking other people...

What stakes have you won consistently at in the past (and can you still afford them)? What types of games?

Keep playing whatever those are, and if you keep losing long-term then you should either take a step back and see if you're actually a winning player or if it's just bad luck. If you're consistently getting your money in with the best hand then just keep plugging at the games and your results should turn around.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Chuck, I'm playing the same stakes I was playing months ago but my results now are bad my results then were good. I'm am constantly getting my $ in with the best hand, but I'm also constantly getting out drawn. And I'm constantly losing about 4/5 of my coinflips, and I'm constantly running into AA or KK. And I'm constantly losing all in preflop when I have pair vs a lower pair, or AK vs ace rag.

I think I'm playing too high of a stake for my BR. Whats good stakes to play with like $500 bankroll (in the past few hours I've lost like $200 so now I'm at $300 actually).

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya know what I mean? I'm losing $ right now playing SnGs on full tilt, but I don't have to ask myself "am I playing bad or am I just unlucky?" because I'm recording how many all in preflop races I win vs how many I lose, and it's not even close to 50-50.

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm playing too high of a stake for my BR. Whats good stakes to play with like $500 bankroll (in the past few hours I've lost like $200 so now I'm at $300 actually).

This seems to vary according to who you ask, and how much risk you are comfortable with. The suggested range of your maximum buy in ranges from 5% of your BR (if you don't mind taking a higher risk) to 2.5% of your BR (if you are very risk averse). For your $500 BR this would work out to $12.5 - $25 buy in for an S+G. In view of the tone of your OP, I would suggest that you stick to the lower end of this range until you have built your confidence back up.

As said before, I rather suspect that your current situation is down to variance, but being on a fairly lean run myself at present, I can empathize with your frustration. Stick with it, be patient, have confidence (all easier said than done) and good luck.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management