^ 100 hands IS NOT A BIG ENOUGH SAMPLE FOR A TEST
maybe 100,000 but 100 is too small

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you're just here to stir up controversy on something you have no proof of?

why do i need the proof.. why does religion needs no proof but i need one?

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ 100 HANDS IS NOT A BIG ENOUGH SAMPLE FOR A TEST
maybe 100,000 but 100 is too small

ok I can tell you that in 10 home games that is 1000 hand sample then i still have not seen that many coincidences...

tiltboy

tiltboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. I'm sure we cant be the only ones to think that online games are a touch exaggerated in terms of action.

I know virtually any 6 man SNG will have a play holding AA or KK a couple of times but on a live table it may not happen and this is with minimal raising allowing more people to see flops.

Online just has a lot of action, its like a highlight reel of poker.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100,000 hands
how do u not get this

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listen... a sample of 1000 hands in pokerstars and live game should have close results, you dont need a sample of 100,000 ...

Lol you CLEARLY have no idea how much variance is involved in poker if you think this is the case. Not that you had much, but all remaining credibility . . . . POOF . . . . gone.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in 1 instance in 1000 hands u can be dealt aces 20 times and in another instance in 1000 hands u can be dealt aces 0 times, these percentages even out over a longer period of time

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your live game sounds rigged as to not produce any action hands

lock thread now plzkthx

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol you CLEARLY have no idea how much variance is involved in poker if you think this is the case. Not that you had much, but all remaining credibility . . . . POOF . . . . gone.

oh and you do mr einstein please teach me..

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your live game sounds rigged as to not produce any action hands

lock thread now plzkthx

your idiot comment proves you dont even play any live games...

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh and you do mr einstein please teach me..

Well I may not be Einstein, but I do have a pretty good understanding of the variance in poker. Or at least enough to know that a 1000 hand sample is very statistically insignificant.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love it that if somebody says that the pokerstars game is rigged right away people must bash that person. believe what you want to believe..

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ its you bashing everybody imo

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I may not be Einstein, but I do have a pretty good understanding of the variance in poker. Or at least enough to know that a 1000 hand sample is very statistically insignificant.

ok and you have the numbers you can list?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this the Jerry Springer forum ?

I must be on the wrong site :confused:

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just a few of ur comments and u do make some rude posts that i didnt quote here

i bashed the dude cause he came in , posted a stupid comment and asked for the thread to be closed.. he got nothing smart to say then he should not even post stuff in my thread..

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Consider Statistical Sampling. This is the way polling companies predict winners from a very small number of interviews. It is also the way TV programming is determined. Remember Neilson?

OK, the problem with Neilson in the early years, was that they had a known group of samplers, who decided that they controlled the moral fabric of TV. Never mind that they were a small group of folks who could afford a color TV, and where of the ilk Neilson wanted. This ended up being a horrendous misuse of statistics.

Neilson changed, but not that much. They added a few minorities to the sampling group.

Enter the political polls. The truly independent political pols often run by big New organizations with no ax to grind, or news to make are probably the closest thing to pure stats for most of the 20th Century. They did pretty damn well at predicting voting outcomes, still do.

Enter the 21st century and we are privy to be part of the largest statistical test ever. Poker Hand distributions. These distributions were predicted and verified hundreds of times before this type testing could ever even happen.

The big picture shows little to no variance from predictions. Any one sample (session) or group of sessions (samples) will USUALLY be spread spectrum beneath the bell curve of possibilities. But a significant number will show abnormalities by having an unusual amount of hands that would be in the extremes under that bell curve. And with the enormous (gazillions) number of hands, and players and sessions, it would be rigged if any of those groups continually showed an even distribution. They must show deviation from the norm. That's normal!

All the hands you personally will ever play are not enough to prove an uneven distribution. But before long you will approach theoretically correct proportionality.

So there! :p

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consider Statistical Sampling. This is the way polling companies predict winners from a very small number of interviews. It is also the way TV programming is determined. Remember Neilson?

OK, the problem with Neilson in the early years, was that they had a known group of samplers, who decided that they controlled the moral fabric of TV. Never mind that they were a small group of folks who could afford a color TV, and where of the ilk Neilson wanted. This ended up being a horrendous misuse of statistics.

Neilson changed, but not that much. They added a few minorities to the sampling group.

Enter the political polls. The truly independent political pols often run by big New organizations with no ax to grind, or news to make are probably the closest thing to pure stats for most of the 20th Century. They did pretty damn well at predicting voting outcomes, still do.

Enter the 21st century and we are privy to be part of the largest statistical test ever. Poker Hand distributions. These distributions were predicted and verified hundreds of times before this type testing could ever even happen.

The big picture shows little to no variance from predictions. Any one sample (session) or group of sessions (samples) will USUALLY be spread spectrum beneath the bell curve of possibilities. But a significant number will show abnormalities by having an unusual amount of hands that would be in the extremes under that bell curve. And with the enormous (gazillions) number of hands, and players and sessions, it would be rigged if any of those groups continually showed an even distribution. They must show deviation from the norm. That's normal!

All the hands you personally will ever play are not enough to prove an uneven distribution. But before long you will approach theoretically correct proportionality.

So there! :p

so do you have the numbers from the gazillions of hands samples from live and online game so we can compare?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DJ, that was brilliant A+

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was rigged then everyone would lose.....I have made profits along with other members of CC, so why didn't we get cheated????? I'll tell you why...because it's not rigged!!

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mr OP, what part of insufficient sample size do you not understand? You know it's rigged, based on???????? You sit here and compare your 'knowledge" to belief(or no) in God, attacking the Catholics for lack of proof. You sir, are a troll, and I have one very standard answer for " i know it's rigged" trolls:

A KABONG

Attachments

• Kha_El_Kabong.jpg
    Kha_El_Kabong.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess everytime you are having a conversation with somebody you require them to prove their stories.. ex..
John i went to the store yesterday and i bought 1 pound of potatoes for $1.. you go... OH NO!! REALLY? show me the receipt!! or i wont believe it...
Potatoes are a known quanitity that we naturally accept as fact. If John instead told us that he went to the store and the potatoes had sprouted arms and lips and were animatedly conversing amongst themselves, it's likely we'd want to see for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.