S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
......I love slowplayers

$3 Ten seater sit and go. about 4th hand so all pretty much $1500 chips

I am big blind with Ad 4d. I dont bother protecting my blinds as at these levels as your getting called anyway. About 6 see the flop.

So its limp called to me

flop 2d 3c 5h

If you saw another post of mine. you might agree im making a habit of hitting the wheel on the flop- Not that im complaining.

Bit of checking

Then a player min bets $60
one caller
then its raised to $750
I flat call
initial raiser moves all in
the rest fold.
call
call

3 way all in

Villain 1 shows 99
Villain 2 shows AA
Hero wins the pot

Turn and river make no difference

Ok, so you cant really blame a low stakes player for doing that with 99, yes it was a bad play - but not abysmal. I just love when people slow play aces. Its as if they have the right to win the pot because they have pocket rockets. And it doesnt matter what lands on the flop because one pair is amazing lol.

Yes, maybe on another day somebody has 4 6, but they would have slowplayed that too and might or might not have gone bust.

Happy days.

B

BP62

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i pik up aces i will only slowplay if im in a tight game where i no only 1-2 people will see the flop with me.. in those loose passive games gotta raise n get those average hands out of the pot. nh by the way howed ya finish up

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished second place for $9

I raise in tight games. usually indicates fairly decent players who can beat you with a limped 56 suited etc. Happy to pick up the blinds / narrow the field.

Only time i limp is in a loose cash game when i am first or second to act. I will then just come flying over the top big time and if they call prey to the poker gods.