I have been playing online poker for about 5 years now and never thought it was rigge

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

josephmusko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing online poker for about 5 years now and never thought it was rigged... I just came across this site that claims pokerstars is a huge scam. The guy is pretty convincing and this is going to hurt PokerStars and online poker in general. I need some feedback about this site...

Last edited by a moderator:
Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you believe everything you read on the internet? I have a bridge I would love to sell you....

ericgarner118

ericgarner118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like something like this seems to pop up fairly often. There are quite a few topics on poker being rigged on here already. If you are really that worried just do a couple searched, but the short answer is; no, it's not rigged.

joesta

joesta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
yea man i wouldnt belive that guy. thats just someone whos really upset he lost a big hand there or he just has wayyy to much time on his hands.

gotalljax

gotalljax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you believe everything you read on the internet? I have a bridge I would love to sell you....
:D

I would have to agree - in general, most of these complaints come with little or no real evidence. There have been a few problems on some sites in the past, but I am guessing this is just another mad blogger.

Don't sweat it - I for one am not closing my Joker Stars account.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joseph - I removed that link cause it is a crap website we don't want to send business to. :p

aLoser4evR

aLoser4evR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some days you'll lose with great hands that's poker, accept it. You never think it's rigged, and cry about it, when you win ace high or pocket 2's

M

MrSwissCheese

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live poker, how do you know that the dealer isn't involved in a scam with one or more of the players - I'll guarantee you that it's happened before. However, you're not going to question whether or not that live dealer is honest.

However, trusting anything you read on the Internet is crazy. There will always debate over whether or not online poker is fixed, but mostly I believe that it has to do with people's paranoia. Yes, there are bad beats in online poker - and in live poker. Live poker you will play 20-30 hands per hour, Online, usually 70-100 hands per hour - about 3 times more hands for every hour you play - and yes, three times as many bad beats.

I, for one, won't try to convince you that online poker isn't rigged, however, I don't understand what the online poker rooms would have to gain by rigging their games - especially tournament hands.

W

wendysman88

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure whether online poker is rigged or not but if it is it is logical to assume that by rigging tournament games they get the tournament over faster because they have already taken their rake. Big stacks almost always knock out low stacks no matter if they have 7 2 and the low stack has AA. But ultimately I just think it comes down to the donks you are going up against making the awful calls.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure whether online poker is rigged or not but if it is it is logical to assume that by rigging tournament games they get the tournament over faster because they have already taken their rake. Big stacks almost always knock out low stacks no matter if they have 7 2 and the low stack has AA. But ultimately I just think it comes down to the donks you are going up against making the awful calls.

Sites don't have to manipulate tourneys to end them earlier. Increasing blinds, adding antes and the players themselves do that quite well all on their own.

If you want some reading material, all dealing with 'rigged' poker opinions, there is a thread ongoing with almost 1,600 posts in it already at:

Last edited by a moderator:
Insanity

Insanity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read this about all the sites, including Full Tilt. Is it rigged? I don't know, but I think that guy just took a bad beat on poker stars and is venting. You want a shock...look up everything said about bots. Hope the replies help ease your mind.

W

wendysman88

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasnt insinuating that online poker is rigged. I was just offering an explantion that might go over. Thanks for that bringing that other post to my attention. I am new to the forum and that was a very good post!!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know i bet all of the ones who post "poker is rigged" are the ones who lose, think it is wrong, and they just don't like it..... Just like drinking and smoking pot....
So un till i see some of them stand up and say why they think poker is rigged, i will still play, and i want to know were they sit losing, and or thinking it is wrong.
rant done :)

P

Peterr211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker is rigged??? Right! These are big $ businesses that are taking lots of our money with out cheating . . . . They have no reason to jeapardize that by cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.