pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a Balance - do you - revisit 8.7.18

Hi guys and a warm welcome to new players joining Cardschat..

Yesterday-I had a day off from poker, blogging, vlogging and whatever else i do..it felt great.

I drank beer with my ship mates :) watched some team called england win v sweden and had a BBQ on deck of my ship lol.

A complete day without poker, enjoying the sunshine and friends and family, today however is a great day as i know i play my best poker when rested and with lots of games upcoming on super sunday..we have a feast of freerolls and this scoykll scoundrel is out to make some friendly mischief!

I wish you all a wonderful day..say hi to me at the tables :)

Last edited:
pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a balance - do you? Revisit 20.7.18

Hi Cardschat,

so life has a funny way of reminding us at the most inappropriate moments of promises made and priorities to be kept..

Today, i had a plan - it was simple, it was achievable - play micromillions, play CC freeroll and then post on forum - then i decide to start a job this afternoon in my garden, not a water the plants or weed the garden easy kinda job but a full on creation from scratch of a mini garden patio..

so for the past 5 hours, ive been toiling away..and finally i finish, ive missed in the meantime, the CC freeroll ( i hate missing those especially, more so than micromillions) and yet i feel really happy with what ive achieved...

AR AR AR AR - there is more to life than poker (well only just:)

See my attached photo of finished work..

Last edited:
bhuelse

bhuelse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

my family and my garden is my best balance. But Poker is a hobby and a balane to my job. :)

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is like a hobby to me! I do play with a bankroll of $0 by trying out a lot of private freerolls!

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The middle way is always the best. I strive not to fall into the trap of excess, after all we are charged all the time, being the best in my humble opinion is not synonymous with happiness, if you do not play poker for passion, it is not complete. Greetings to all of the CC

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad but true, lends and has time to get back.

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi dear friend.
I play poker and enjoy on extra time. but I support the fact that family is a priority. you need to be with peace of mind to play poker or else the weight will affect your mindset

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is an addictive game and it is very difficult for those who love to stop playing, the maximum that can happen is that I stay 1 or 2 days without playing and even then it gets crazy to play again.
now I have a lot of free time. my computer is in big repair, and now I do not play, mostly I'm sitting on the forum. but the thirst for the game has already strangled me, because I got access to the club)

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all think we play because of the sensations that gambling brings this moment when you have an excellent starting hand or the combination already collected and you play all in and feel how the heart is beating faster the blood through the veins runs faster in general the feeling of ADRENALINE is like for me excellent and many play to just feel it is not important you lost or won this moment. SHICK .. The main thing is not to run yourself and hold in your hands and then you can and without pants to stay: D

P / s in advance I apologize for the possible clumsy translation of my translator from GOOGLE =)))

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you struggle with some sort of addiction it is good to make this rules for yourself.As for me i almost have no option but to play every day because i need to grow my bankroll and i have goals of making it big through Poker :). Check my Journal guys at Challenges section if you want :D

L

Lightmeup9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker when have free time..sometimes could be for few hrs a day.. sometimes cant get on for few days.. rather be outdoors with my kids having fun than having them inside watching tv ipads etc while im playing poker..

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
difficult to complement something with poker because you need all the attention at the tables. anyway I try to play it while I work since I am not very patient when it comes to playing only poker.

R

renanrcv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This year I'm living in another city away from the family. The workload is large, but I always try to have 1 hour of leisure a day, at least. In these moments I enjoy playing poker.

The question to think about is what your goal in poker is. Recreation? Pleasure of betting? Poker has become a new addiction? Become a pro?

Depending on the case, it is not necessary to have as much balance as you speak. It is possible to play 2 hours a day and still give attention to family and work. If you want to become a pro, excess is expected.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If playing to make money, I need to play when it is optimal for me to do so & unfortunately that means playing on the weekend. Luckily my main employment affords me the opportunity to take some weekdays off (which is also optimal/ideal as there are much fewer people out by the lakes on the weekdays :) )

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am retired and play poker as a pass time. I like to play free rolls, I have accumulated a small bank roll over the years. Occasionally I will use it to play a cash game or a buy in tournament. I have no delusional ambition to make money from poker.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like you mean grounded from poker, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I pretty much only play poker when my family needs something, I get to grinding and once that monetary goal has been reached I get to "semi-retire" again :)

however whenever the weather is as nice as it has been for the past week (African temps), I go on STRIKEEEE!!!! :D

Wow, that's interesting. I'm playing for fun right now, but obviously if I get to a high skill level I do want to make some money.
I'm currently a grad student so the daily labs and books keep me aware of the ground, so to speak haha.