I have 8.72 in FTP...need some advice

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you're doing good '06. Keep it up. :joyman: Try to follow the Furguson challenge BR rules. I don't think they include Heads Up though.

A lot of "stick to the freerolls" posts. I disagree:p At least you can play the $1 "Furguson" and I like that $.10 no rebuy idea.

You ave been playing over your head and getting some luck, so be careful, the dark side of luck always loom right around the corner. Don't be playing
too high if it rears it's ugly head.

goldog

Huck45

Huck45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're getting some great advice. I'm taking a lot of this advice too.
Now, my 2 cents.
I took the 2 and 5 one tbl SnG's on FT from 16.00 to 219.00. I played two at a time using a modified version of the Sit-n-go Pro program, (google it)
I played 6 tourneys a day for about a week and then I chopped up the money and went in different directions, trfed some of it to friends, and the rest I jumped in to the 8.80 tourney token system on FT.
You are running strong in the SnG's, go with it for now. Take notes!
Freerolls are good occassionally, but I will only play CC FR's now on every site that CC has an event. Level of play is better, Return on your invested time is better, and the company is way better.
Enjoy!

P

PokerPlayer06

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright guys, little update I have been playing .05/.10 and MTT, and Heads up. I have 56 dollars in my account now since last wednesday. :)

uvrayz

uvrayz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow congrats i would move up to the .25cent .50 cent. thats usually what i play when i have 50 dollars or more and i buy in with 15$but if you lose it go back to .5 .10

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the 1$ Ferguson 500$ added. Yes, they are pretty late but Chris Ferguson said that if you want to make money, play when everyone is tired. And take it to your advantage.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice work! <BR>
I started out with $2 from a free roll, and have been playing with my bankroll for over a year. <BR>
I found the $1 SnG's worked for me, as well as the Ferguson for $1 BUT I continued playing various FR's to help. <BR>
Recently I started playing .05/.10 Cash games just for the practice and have added some money to my stack through them. <BR>
Whatever works for you best is what you should be doing BUT stay within your bankroll management. <BR>
There is a great article from Chris Ferguson

#228 - Chris Ferguson and the Art of Bankroll Maintenance, Part I | Poker Blog from Full Tilt Poker by Michael Craig

Good luck out there

joeaugie

joeaugie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the Matrix SNGs if anything

Because FT has a lack of micro stakes, your best option is to play the Matrix SNGs, because it affectively splits up the entry fees into smaller individual SNGs along with a side pot for playing well in all 4 of them.....

If you are uncomfortable playing 4 SNGs at once, (which actually isn't bad at all if you play properly until later stages and "TILE TABLES!!!!!") then I would suggest continuing with the freerolls.

Caution: It's going to be a long, long, long haul if you are trying to build from $8. I'm grinding my ass off building from $100. Poker is truly a test of patience more than anything else.

Good Luck at the tables! Go get em.

lfd tricky

lfd tricky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 6 person sngs. you can play ones for like 1.10 or 2.20 if you place in them it pretty much triples your money.

I

infamousmoss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend the Omaha Hi tables. They are really fun and if u wait for the right hand you can win a lot of money.