I HATE CHEATERS!!!!

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This occurred with me but weren't cheat.

I was played at the PokerStarts tourn and i was talked with a friend but in Portuguese.

I guys said me it wasn't permitted but I ignored his, +/- 5 minutes later... The support team appears at the table and inform me that if i don't stop to talked in Portuguese i will be banned to the tourn...

Next time they remind you it's not permitted, pay attention. English is the only acceptable language at Stars and many other sites. Nothing against Portugese or whatever, but if you are talking with people in a language the table can't understand, there is at least the appearance of impropriety.
Please speak english. Next time they may ban you.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you can't speak in any language but english at most poker sites. If the other players can't understand you then you maybe holding an advantage against them.

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait i dont understand?? If I am 3 left in a tourney and I have say 10,000 chips, someone has 5,000 chips and someone has 500 chips, Im going to fold to the 500 chip stack a lot b/c I want to take a lot of chips from the 5,000 chip guy knowing that he doesn't want to come in 3rd when someone else is so short. I don't understand the chat that you are talking about, but if the big stack is just folding to the small stack and trying to take chips from you while you don't want to go out 3rd that is fine. If they were telling each other their hands and the best one was going in then that is collusion. Ive folded KK to a person with 300 chips in the BB at the end of a tourney where blinds were 100/200 since i wanted him to stay in so i could boss around the mid stack guy.

You obviously didn't read the OP. There was definite collusion between 2 team members and moreover they weren't all in the money yet.... it was the bubble.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was playing a stud tourney today, and for a while there were two folks sitting called "Bambam1" and the other was "Bambam2."

It was pretty obvious what was going on. They were both soft pedaling each other and they were never both in the hand past 2nd. street.

Not to worry though. After I called them on it in the chat window, I took them both down in about five hands. :D

---

M

MakMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other than multiaccounting which is easier to catch, collusion and chip dumping also happen all the time online. ppl chat/coordinate their play on IM and they of course are playing from diff/remote locations. this is esp dangerous if u like to play realmoney cashgames where ppl choose their tables/seats.

P

pokerjoker1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw cheaters in Cashgame a lot of times, hate them too. Fulltilt should do something against them. FT need a 24std online support like Titan Poker, so you could send pics on a fast way. So they get banned for ever. This fu... bitc... ;-)

M

markpro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen a case where "chip dumping" has taken place and admitted. It happened of all places at an OFC event final table. The big stack, after reraising a fellow forum member ( not this one ) was reraised all in by the other "buddy" it would have cost him 30 chips to call the all in for a pot worth over 18,000, and he folded. The rest of the table and the observers went ballistic, and the guy said "I'm not taking out one of my own team", one said he was informing "Wolf" right away. No idea what happened but I have never been back to that forum since, I have no desire to be associated with them.

Well thats just something that doesnt really happen often. I mean sure he didnt think anything would happen... but if it was a cash game and they were working together (and in the event they werent really working together, just not against each other) even if they were cought doing some funny card mixing or sending chips to one another they would never admit it, atleast most of them wouldnt. Thats my opinion.

K

keekon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The very first ultimatebet cardschat freeroll that I played this happened at a table to. However they tried to do it without anyone noticing but everyone did because there was alolt of comments on here about it. You could tell though that they were helping each other.