Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I used to fold kings playing poker when my opponent went all-in, do you think I did it right? I don't do that right now, but sometimes I think it's the right decision, since the opponent can have aces and the style of play I have at the moment is saves, since I'm not going all-in

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
So did the opponent had aces or what :unsure:

If they didnt (and/or you just dont know) then clearly it wasnt right decision

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
So did the opponent had aces or what :unsure:

If they didnt (and/or you just dont know) then clearly it wasnt right decision
at the moment my style of play saves brings results, at least I get to the prize money, but I play aggressively, I also give my results, but at the moment I prefer to play saves, I play aggressively if my bankroll allows it

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to fold kings playing poker when my opponent went all-in, do you think I did it right? I don't do that right now, but sometimes I think it's the right decision, since the opponent can have aces and the style of play I have at the moment is saves, since I'm not going all-in
a rather strange decision to put it mildly, where did you learn this style of play?

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the level of the details you gave to us I would say that it was a wrong decision. But if you are saying that it was in the bubble and he had more chips than you, I'll say that it was the right decision ;)

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It always depends on the situation at hand. How far the tournament has progressed, the stack sizes at the table, the relative and absolute position, the previous game of the opponents, whether bubble phase, etc. At the bubble, I too am ready to fold KK or even AA if a big stack that covers me or an opponent who can sensitively cripple my stack has gone all in advance.

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think similarly

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I almost never fold KK if a player is all-in PREFLOP. Except when we are very near from the bubble and if the opponent has a bigger stack than mine. And even in this case, I think about the decision.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think automatically giving your opponent credit for AA every hand is incredibly exploitable and highly negative ev in the long run... are you looking to go deep or min cash?, if an opponent picks up on the fact that you in your words don't go allin and you will fold even KK to an allin.. guess what they're going to do :cool:

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only roll KK in a tournament close to the prize zone....

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
You would have to know your Rival very well to Fold Kings.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I just cant throw Ks, yesterday I threw 9s he had pocket 3s AHHH

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think in the long run throwing kings is wrong, but sometimes you can even throw kings if you know your opponent for sure or if he is a very passive player and he decides to go all-in then you can throw your cards but it's very hard

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel he has Aces, fold. If you are only afriad he has Aces call. Play to Win, Not to loose.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are many factors to consider. When you are at the beginning of the tournament or you and your opponent have a very large stack (250bb+), kings can be thrown away. Let's consider the following situation, for example, with stacks (300bb) you make a standard (2-3bb) open-raise, then your opponent makes a 3bet (9bb) and you call (24bb) and then your opponent goes all-in, then in this case I would seriously consider throwing kings away. But if you have a small stack of less than 100bb, you can't fold kings to pass, and even on the bubble I wouldn't fold KK because opponents will play very secretly, but they can go all-in with ace hands just to steal the blinds, so your kings are very good against those hands.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

No...but it's very situational.

Late into the tourney, faced with losing all of your stack when you are deep... people do muck KK.
If that's you then don't be persuaded. Lots of novice players go all in with any Ax

If an Ace hits the community cards, you are dead to the clown shoving A8o and that hurts.
I figure you know this feeling already

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that folding KK is sometimes right but most times wrong :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends of a lot of factors to fold KK pre flop, like if it's cash game or MTT. I usually only play MTT's so it depends of the stage of the tournament and my reading of my opponent. I can fold KK against a super tight player, but I usually call with KK against the majority of players.