Hypnosis for poker?

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who have (or have) problems with the handling of the bank, who woke up with the idea that today I will not play more than 2 tables, or today I will not play something outside my limit or if I lose up to $ 10 % of my bank I retire and at the end of the day we did the opposite. I have heard about the book "mind control" (I have not read it because I am not fluent in English), I also think that the Golden child created an App that pursues mind control. Now is it possible that through ignosis (I don't believe much in this) or some kind of audio meditation, these goals can be achieved?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I believe that hypnosis can help to battle any personal obstacle one might have. But it is good to remember that hypnosis is only a tool and it can't alone make miracles to happen. It is simply a state of relaxation where a person can be more receptive to suggestions but you can't really force anyone to do anything against their core beliefs.

Hypnosis has been used successfully during therapy sessions to relieve stress and to help people to quit smoking, so who knows... It might help, or not :dontknow:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe that hypnosis can help to battle any personal obstacle one might have. But it is good to remember that hypnosis is only a tool and it can't alone make miracles to happen. It is simply a state of relaxation where a person can be more receptive to suggestions but you can't really force anyone to do anything against their core beliefs.

Hypnosis has been used successfully during therapy sessions to relieve stress and to help people to quit smoking, so who knows... It might help, or not :dontknow:

With you on this Nafor.

One of the best known mental game coaches, Elliot Roe, came from a hypnotherapist background - his most famous client being Fedor Holz. But the 'results' all seem rather vague.

I have no doubt many well-heeled pros enjoy the indulgence of having a 'session' immediately before playing in a specific tourney (I have actually followed along in some cases - as the player Tweeted the session - which generally appeared to have no effect on the play). But such players are looking for any edge and having a mental game session is another box to tick in terms of preparation. As variance is inevitably at play I believe pros tend to dismiss the poor results and yet credit the good results to mental preparation - their prerogative.

I think hypnosis is effective when delving into the players past and attempting to understand what issues (largely from childhood) have a left a legacy of inducing tilt or fear etc. in someone's play. As Nafor has said, this is not normally extracted in a trance state but rather a relaxed and open state where a skilled hypnotist will know how to zone into emotional issues.

As an overall benefit (as in what can trigger poor play) I think that would be of real benefit. The mental game 'hit' before a stressful session, not so sure. That said, if I was regularly playing for seven figures, I might indulge myself a few times.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many different techniques, but the effect of their use will be different for each player. Of course, there are players who use meditation effectively, and I think you can also try this method. In any case, you do not lose anything if you try.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely do not believe in such concepts as hypnosis! The book is about something else entirely. Interesting , but as for me absolutely useless for a poker player!

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Itsvery hard to control gambling. Will you stop when winning or lose? What if you never win?

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who have (or have) problems with the handling of the bank, who woke up with the idea that today I will not play more than 2 tables, or today I will not play something outside my limit or if I lose up to $ 10 % of my bank I retire and at the end of the day we did the opposite. I have heard about the book "mind control" (I have not read it because I am not fluent in English), I also think that the Golden child created an app that pursues mind control. Now is it possible that through ignosis (I don't believe much in this) or some kind of audio meditation, these goals can be achieved?

Self-hypnosis and goal do wonders. I believe that. This approach allows you to achieve the desired result.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thought is material. I read a poker book. "Poker-mind games", it says, you need to escape from the poker community. But, I'm here, and I don't want to run anywhere, I like it here.

Yeah, man, I'll cheat you at the poker table. You'll give me all your money. No matter how much money you have, I'll take it all from you.