to hud or not to hud

camtheram13

camtheram13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A HUD can't do what I put in bold above, at least PT3 and HEM don't. And if they did, I have a feeling they would then fall into the banned software. I get the feeling you've never used a HUD or know much about them.

So what specific data does a HUD give you?

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've often wondered how often players adjust their styles to outwit people who are using HUDs. For example, if my stats say I usually play a certain way, can I not alter my playing style to take advantage of people playing according to the stats? When my aggression stats start swinging the other way, then I readjust my style to take advantage of the new style people put me on?

B

baghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you constantly change your style it confuses hud players slightly but can be treacherous to your bankroll to do so unless you can play well at most playing styles

well i have thought long and hard and im still going to turn down the deal as i have a mortgage and kids to fund. so cant make sense of the gamble. the hud on the other hand i think im going to give pt3 ago on there 60 day free trial. i do have 1 other question what is it exactly that makes PE illegal to use compared to shark scope or hem / pt3 im struggling to understand the difference apart from you can buy hand histories for one and the other comes with them as part of the deal? so does anyone know the legalities of it.

i would like to say one thing on the moral side just because everyone is doing it doesnt make it right and they still give you an advantage to players who are not using one. a bit like steroids in sports 20 years ago everyone was using them even now in the off season a lot of sports men and women take steroids to enhance there abilities.
so i still believe it is immoral but profitable so screw it count me in!!!!

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do have 1 other question what is it exactly that makes PE illegal to use compared to shark scope or hem / pt3 im struggling to understand the difference apart from you can buy hand histories for one and the other comes with them as part of the deal? so does anyone know the legalities of it.

The difference is you are not supposed to buy HHs for PT/HEM and if caught you will suffer same penalty as other banned software. PE has a huge database of all their players hands and anyone else they play. The reason it is banned is because most sites chose to ban it.

As long as you are using allowed software and not cheating, why in the hell is there even a morality issue? People can chose to use them or not and that is up to them. They may chose not to because they would rather not pay for it, think they don't need it, or they think it's immoral. That's their own problem! Personally I think most people who think it's immoral don't know how to use one or care how to learn. Why else would you chose not to use any kind of help you can get when sites say it is fine?

If everyone else is using it, you bet your ass that's a good reason too!

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone know if HUD is ban for Carbon poker. I'm thinking about trying it out. If it can help me make better decision to win money then I'm going to try it. I bet plenty of people have it right?
HEM and PT3 good to go on Carbon.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've often wondered how often players adjust their styles to outwit people who are using HUDs. For example, if my stats say I usually play a certain way, can I not alter my playing style to take advantage of people playing according to the stats? When my aggression stats start swinging the other way, then I readjust my style to take advantage of the new style people put me on?

If you just play good poker, you will be adjusting to every situation, so you will be adjusting anyway. Say you have been stealing and folding to the re steal, then you have a great hand, make it look like you are stealing again. As only one example. Good players are always switching gears, not to confuse a HUD, just cause they are adjusting to every particular situation. A good player will be observing how you play, whether they have a HUD or not, and they will always use the info against you when they can.