How did you get involved with poker?

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I moved to Romania 1.5 years ago from Russia. My friends taught me how to play poker and I made an account at pokerstars. Now I don't know how to change to a Romanian account.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I started playing poker after watching unintentionally in FX found interesting

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Started playing in college in live games where the dealer calls the game you play.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend introduced me back in the elementary school. We used to go to his place, open PokerStars lobby and check through the huge list of various tournaments, I can remember to this day how excited I was about all those fancy colorful tournament names, buy ins and various variants... I didnt understand anything though :D

And this first time feeling is probably the strongest memory I have with poker. When I try to go back to that time it feel sooooo great :) We are still friends to this day and I hope we will be for a long time, he is only ocassionally playing poker, he is a losing player and just enjoys the excitement about playing a tournament, but I can guarantee that he enjoyed it way more back in the day ;)

I havent been playing much besides some freerolls which dont even exist nowadays. I didnt play too much and basically only when he told me there is some new freeroll series or a free ticket or something. But then in 2016 I changed my attitude towards poker a bit and started take it "seriously" lol... I joined CC and tried to improve a bit, ending without success.

But then, on 1.1. 2018 I promised myself I will try to get good at this and Im still trying :)
I want to use this whole summer to get myslelf a bit higher in the limits and improve a lot. A lot of people helped me along the way for which I am most most thankful :)
However, its still just the start of the long long road to success.

See ya!

GL

Last edited:
X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hen I was 14 I started playing every Sunday with my family, and I really liked it, I did not stop there and after about two years I met online poker.