How old were you when you first started playing poker?

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first time I played poker with friends probably in the years 13, it was 5 card poker, I liked the game, played schelbany, etc. Then there was a lull,and then began to play hold'em

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The games started this year. Already 38

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was just a little boy (about 40yo lol) when I started. Spent some times playing play money-online and reading books and articles (still read).
Had some gaps without playing but came back recently from a long one.
Now, with 54, still studying and learning.
Believe I'm one of the oldest player of the forum. Any older?

Best of Luck

Last edited:
Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was about 15 when I met the game, but I only went to play for real money at age 19, and I devote myself to studying at age 24.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first play with a poker when i was a little. A real poker player a became when i was 26 yeears old.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was about 15 when I met the game, but I only went to play for real money at age 19, and I devote myself to studying at age 24.

19 myself as well. 25 cent chips...

glafef

glafef

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
13... which makes it 15 years of poker. won more than i have lost.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well since I just started playing not all that long ago, I started in my mid-20s. It would have liked to start earlier to have more experience and hands, but better late than never. :)

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First real taste of poker for me was watching Moneymaker winning the wsop Main Event

Playing online proved to be difficult at first. My first site was Tiger Gaming and they had tourneys you could buy into with play chips and actually win a dollar.

Did that once, took my real dollar and lost it in four hands at a SNG

AP after that, and I had to send money orders to some random in the Phillipines or in Kenya to fund my account

Still playing online, mostly Party and 888

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I was 26 years old, the first time I tried with friends, since then I play, now I'm 32 and I like it. Do what you like! What do you like, your Soul!

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I met poker with 25, I always played by hobby with fictitious chips and last year's end i started with money.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
16 or 17, started playing on ps with play chips

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker somewhere in 14-15 years, and now I'm 21 and I still continue to play, only this time for real money in it. However, I took a few breaks, the biggest is probably half a year.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say i was 21 and i was bored studying maths and physics so i joined PS the rest is a history of frustration

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was 14 when I first started to play poker but didn't really start to take it seriously until recently :)

magik9118

magik9118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing online poker at 15 years old and like it so much already(some things Never change...)😎

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
late 20s, prety late for a gamer ;)

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to play poker for fun when I was 16

I started to play poker for fun because of my brother and one of my closest friends, I just like to play and spend time having fun then when I turned 18 years old I created my poker account and now I'm 19 almost 20 in a couple of months and my plan is just keep playing and become a really good player.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was 27 when I started playing. I was at the peak of my fitness, swimming, MMA, etc., won my first ever two tournaments back to back and the third 2 months later.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How old were you when you first started playing poker? And were you instantly hooked?

I was about 15 and hated it and found it a couple years later and for some reason seemed to like it then- the rest is history lol.
I first start playing poker at the age of 13 with some bigger guys from neighborhood and instantly fall in love :D:D

H

herewego38

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
about 8 yrs old

me n family used play for days my grandfather believe n one could until u gave the person a chance to win there money back