How should we look at poker?

GengysKan

GengysKan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello good class, but once I come here to share another experience of the daily life of a beginner poker player.
We know that poker has several factors that are beyond our control. However, we should not look at poker as a game of chance but as a game that is played against other people 🙂. The deck is the mode that you will use to get them to be tricked into doing the action you want. Have a good read of opponents and guarantee that your actions will improve on the aspect of things you have no control over.

🤘🏻😎

Last edited by a moderator:
JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Being able to read your opponents and make strategic moves is definitely a key factor in becoming a successful poker player...

But to achieve success, in my opinion, is not all about making the right moves, you gotta have some lucky in certain momments.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are two options. Poker is work or entertainment. We choose each according to our liking.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
treat poker as a game you can make money with if you take it very seriously and study poker and its structures after you can make good money on it and be happy with yourself and your achievement

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We have to look at poker soberly.😂😂

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello good class, but once I come here to share another experience of the daily life of a beginner poker player.
We know that poker has several factors that are beyond our control. However, we should not look at poker as a game of chance but as a game that is played against other people 🙂. The deck is the mode that you will use to get them to be tricked into doing the action you want. Have a good read of opponents and guarantee that your actions will improve on the aspect of things you have no control over.

🤘🏻😎
First of all, I want to welcome you. I always thought it was an advantage to think you read and to intuit what your opponents are doing at the table, but I have come to believe that it is very important to know how to I control myself in the decisions made regarding what is on the table and in my stack

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

🤘🏻😎
I agree, if you think poker is a game of chance you are not playing poker you are merely playing your hand.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that this will depends on your aim. If you just wanna to have fun or play like a pro one day..

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
beautiful words, excellent thinking, that's what poker is all about. These sets of factors make poker poker. Poker is too much. Success and good luck in evolution.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
We should look at poker as a strategic game that requires discipline, patience, and constant learning. It's not just about luck ;).

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

🤘🏻😎
Perfect, include, self-control, patience and dedication

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The ability to read opponents and take strategic steps is undoubtedly the key to becoming a successful poker player

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
Look, I see poker at 54 years old, as a possibility of having a kind of retirement in a couple of years thanks to it.
I really don't think it's impossible, I wouldn't tell you that I want to be a Pro player either, but I would like to be able to have a monthly refund like I did from 2001 to 2005, when I had to stop playing due to a family problem.
Regarding the game itself, you already have to be patient. You have to understand that you also need luck, because although the game is about mathematical possibilities, strategies, skill, etc., you must understand that a badbeat occurred because the opponent was luckier than you, or because you played badly.
All this should be understood even more when you are a beginner.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

🤘🏻😎
Not be right.

Poker can be a gamble, it depends on who is playing, what that person's intention is.

If she only wants to play one hand regardless of the cards, it's a gamble, so it will depend entirely on luck, as there are no post flop reads or decisions.

The luck factor exists and will always exist in poker, what can be done is to minimize its long-term effects.