Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand :

6 max 6nl

JJ utg, I raise to 4x
1 caller..

Flop is 884, I bet just over half the pot. He raises to $1.60, so I fold..

Either reshove all in or fold..

2nd hand :

99 BB, Have a raiser on the button, I re raise. he reraises again. SO i call, flop is K high all diamonds, I have 9 of diamond. He bets the pot, I call. Turn is queen diamond. He checks, I check.. He then bets pot which is $1.80ish, so i instantly call and win the hand. He had JJ

3rd hand :
KK BB.. have 5 limpers. I raise to 30cents and 2 peole stay in. Flop is JJK
icon_biggrin.gif
.. I check, turn is 6.. I bet 1/3rd of pot as weakness.. Villain raises £1.50ish, other limper folds and I think for a minute and shove.. I know I could have got more value though and it really bugged me.. Should I have called and check raised hopefully.. ?

Cheers and sorry about the layout, Dont know how to convert hands .

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really need more inof as to stack sizes, player stats etc.

1st hand :

6 max 6nl

JJ utg, I raise to 4x
1 caller..

Flop is 884, I bet just over half the pot. He raises to $1.60, so I fold..

Either reshove all in or fold..

I would call. Then shove the turn to any bet. If he has A8 /K8 then you will lose, otherwise you win.. but why is he reraising the nuts?

2nd hand :

99 BB, Have a raiser on the button, I re raise. he reraises again. SO i call, flop is K high all diamonds, I have 9 of diamond. He bets the pot, I call. Turn is queen diamond. He checks, I check.. He then bets pot which is $1.80ish, so i instantly call and win the hand. He had JJ

4 bet preflop or fold. 99 is not a great hand to play post flop in a 3-bet pot

3rd hand :
KK BB.. have 5 limpers. I raise to 30cents and 2 peole stay in. Flop is JJK
icon_biggrin.gif
.. I check, turn is 6.. I bet 1/3rd of pot as weakness.. Villain raises £1.50ish, other limper folds and I think for a minute and shove.. I know I could have got more value though and it really bugged me.. Should I have called and check raised hopefully.. ?

Cheers and sorry about the layout, Dont know how to convert hands .

Dont check the flop. You have the nuts. You want to start pushing the action along. Don't reraise as you dont want to push people out, but dont check either. Just bet half pot (your normal steal amount) if they fold to that then they would most likely fold to a turn bet.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands