How should I get a live bankroll started?

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is a proper BR is going to be hard to build without a reasonable initial investment. When I began saving for my first live session I cut a few comfort expenses and put the money towards building a BR to begin with.

This is exactly it! PB&J goes a long way.

The best way to cut expenses is to itemize every single penny spent. Do this for 2-3 months. Finding out where your money goes is the first step to cutting expenses and reducing debt.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep it in a separate savings account.
All the withdrawls and deposits will be recorded on statements.
(If you don't play at all it will even increase by itself).

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I actually just got my husband's opinion on having a true live bankroll of 20x any buy-in I played. He said if I built that bankroll off of my cashouts from online poker he wouldn't care how much money was in the account since it's money we wouldn't have had if I wasn't playing poker.

So now I start a month break from poker, and will start back up doing some serious grinding in August!! My dream goal will be to make enough online to start playing live again by the end of the year. My realistic goal will be to make enough to play live by the end of next year.

I'm such a highroller. =D

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I actually just got my husband's opinion on having a true live bankroll of 20x any buy-in I played. He said if I built that bankroll off of my cashouts from online poker he wouldn't care how much money was in the account since it's money we wouldn't have had if I wasn't playing poker.

So now I start a month break from poker, and will start back up doing some serious grinding in August!! My dream goal will be to make enough online to start playing live again by the end of the year. My realistic goal will be to make enough to play live by the end of next year.

Start small, Dream BIG!

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thats actually kinda what I am trying to do. Grind up from online and cash out and move to live.

Organize a Home Poker Game Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management