Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Profitable? Definitely, but only by the Fact I have never deposited on any site and have accrued a bankroll on every site I have played on. It's Really not that hard, Just play the available Freeroll's Save the Minor wins until you have enough to start buying into games and Keep your Head!
Buying into a game is no different than Playing a Freeroll if you approach it with the same mindset, Regardless of how others Play, It is how you play that is more important, Treat every game as if you are playing in a World Series Event with Millions in Prize money and you won't go too far wrong.
As for Time management, well people spend hours trying to catch Fish and then throw them all back, but do they consider it a waste of time? Hell No!
They do it because they enjoy the hunt and I enjoy playing Poker regardless of whether I Win or Lose, The Money is just a Bonus!
Concentrate on Winning the Game, not the Money! If you can Win more often than you Lose then the Money will take care of Itself.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I debated about an hour about this topic with a friend and we couldn’t reach an agreement. I once heard 5-10% of players consistently make money.

How about you, has poker been a profitable hobby?
Yeah, well, I make money at poker. Not as much as I'd like, but I don't invest in poker. You just need to know those poker rooms where there are juicy freerolls and satellites with a lot of tournament tickets. :cool: And it's also important to know how to play poker. :ROFLMAO:

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Enough to make me and my partener beautiful gifts, from time to time 😁

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No one is profitable in the long run unless you make a big score and then walk away.
I disagree.
First I guess it depends on what one's definition of being profitable (or 'how profitable') actually means.

I have a friend who has approx. $2 Million in profit and has never even had a 6-figure score.
I know many others from micros, low stakes, mid-stakes who are also 'profitable' in the long run and have been for anywhere from 1 year to 20years.

Yes there are many who've made big scores and then didn't follow bankroll management after 'or' just weren't winning players &/or weren't willing to do the work to continue being a 'profitable' player. But there are others who have... others who are more motivated & willing to do whatever it takes!

I've actually also just recently noticed some guys playing online MTT's regularly and who are playing 'Low-stakes' as well as Mid & some High too who were formerly ranked #1 in the World. Even saw two of them on same table just yesterday, deep in the $33 BB on Stars. Still grinding, still profitable.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I debated about an hour about this topic with a friend and we couldn’t reach an agreement. I once heard 5-10% of players consistently make money.

For 6 months, poker has been profitable for me with good dividends.
I play PLO daily and it gives me a monthly salary, in addition to being able to increase my bankroll to play the highest level constantly, that is, PLO5.
For now at this level I only do shots, but I haven't yet opened up to playing the level daily because I still don't have enough bankroll in either GG or PS to do so.
Once I reach 100 $5 boxes on each site, I will start playing NL5 regularly on a daily basis.
To become a profitable player, I don't need words. Just go to your Chilean compatriot, my coach and friend "Fabian Pichara", just by watching the YouTube videos he has or subscribing to his page, you can be a profitable microlimits player in a short time and you can respond with facts to your friend.
Greetings:):):)

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is very profitable, yes, but if you must look at the long term, for consistent results, your skill level is also taken into consideration.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without a doubt, only a small percentage of players actually earn money in poker, it's a pity that I'm not one of them 😭, I can only earn a little money thanks to freerolls.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a profitable hobby on the last couple of months, because I'm only playing with freerolls winnings :)
But if you ask me how much I win per hour played than definitely not a good profit..lol..but since it's just a hobby and I have my real job than it's ok, because with my other hobbies I usually only spend money.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, profitable for me, I play small levels and mostly freerolls. Some months I will actually win nothing at all on this basis. This month I am up $600 including a few treble bets that came in, this is a good month however.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The main question is what does earnings mean for everyone. Yes, there are not many profitable players, it would not be sad, but this is a business). I think for myself that if my income allows me to spend it on investments or a break from my time wasting in poker, this is profit.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The majority loses, the minority wins)

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I am not familiar with such statistics, but I am definitely making money. Poker brings me income, and although it is only 50-100 dollars a month, it is money for me.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For 99% of poker players poker is not at all profitable, very few make money out of playing poker.

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The profitability of poker depends on various factors, including the player's skill level, chosen format of the game, level of competition, and luck. For some players, poker becomes a source of steady income, while others may lose money. The key is continuous skill improvement and effective bankroll management.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends what your goals are and how often you can play. For some it can be very profitable. For others not so much