How much time do you guys put into to the work of poker?

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to put in a lot of hours work (2-3 hours a day reading, 5-6 playing)
when I first started playing the game & this has proberly been the most important thing I did towards becoming disciplined on all the main factors in Tourney play.

Yes although I don't do as much study/learning, I think those earlier years have helped me all the way along my poker life. So much so, that I now can play fairly well on Ring Games too.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to study and play several hours per day. Now I put in very little play or study time. MAYBE 8 hours of play and 2 hours of study per week. Not so much worried about learning new skills, just trying to stay reasonably fresh.

dziglipapas

dziglipapas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
70% of my time I read ebooks, watch videos on YT related to poker and for the last 30% I try to focus on playing MTTs. Right now I am trying to study less and practice more.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
away from the tables?
hmm i don't know but i love to practice a lot
I usually watch videos on poker 2-3times every week and love to practice my knowledge with poker tests like pokerschool quiz for omaha MTT cash game

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It varies depending on my work schedule but I play about 12-20 hours a week (I mostly play live so a couple MTTs per week) and I try to read books/articles for a few hours a week. And not just read, but do in-depth analysis of what I'm reading. I also spend a fair amount of time doing hand analysis of hands from the tournaments I play with my study group. Lately I've just got on CC and have really been enjoying the HA threads on here.

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t spend many time learning. Sometimes I see some vídeos to learn but were I spend more time learning is in the tournaments that I participate.

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree with fubarcdn. Poker can be a means of existence. It's more of a hobby or a way to spend free time. The fact that poker is primarily a game, not work and if the work brings a stable income, then you can win poker today, and tomorrow lose even more.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learn every time I come across an unknown term. Often I see repeated simke or other players.

C

corrupted15

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is you have to study as much as possible, especially at the beginning as the fundamentals are so important, otherwise your just wasting your time unless you're a genius and quickly pick things up.

The thing with me is that I'm usually lazy. The only time I really get motivated to study is when I'm struggling to move up limits or I'm on some bad downswing and I'm doubting my play. So I really dig in when that happens.

O

ozziwar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I did spend alot of time at reading and watching training vids when I was non profitable or very little. Now I don't do it enough really, and that do hurt my winrate not gonna lie, need to start to study again. I think that atleast 10h a week is a good number.