How much do you win/lose?

P

Paulozg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so for those who usually play ring game, how much do you win/lose per session. I know each session is a session, but is there any average ? What i mean is, that after each session, you are normally losing couple bucks, winning couple bucks, winning big, etc?

I play 10 nl, and i usually play between 1-2 hours per session, normally i don't play more than 2 tables, and i would say i make about 10$ session if everything goes right, but sometimes i get a bad beat or i'm in this tough spot and i end up losing one of the buy ins in a table and i would say i would lose a couple of dollars in that session, but i am winning more than losing in general wich is good.

What about you guys?

Last edited:
Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a question that can be answered in many ways, but you will typically find that most will talk about BB/100 (for limit poker especially). Which means Big Blinds per 100 hands played. Another way is BB/hour, but varience in how long an orbit can take will skew this so....

None-the-less, answering this with less then many many hands played can still be subject to varience. You can get a 'feel' for your play after 10K hands played, but going 100K+ hands will give you a much more accurate rate of return.

Rule of thumb was always if you can run +1.5BB/hour you are playing great poker. If it's more then 2.5/100 you are either running very hot, or may need to consider moving up in limits because you are ready.

Cheers

Harthgrepa

Harthgrepa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only just recently started tracking my play as I have started taking the game a bit more seriously lately. I had been doing fairly decent and decided to step it up and keep track my play. I usually win a couple of bucks at each session. At a little over 1100 hands in low limits ring play I am averagng 3.55bb/100 hands. I'm probably running a little hot at the moment, but i'll take it.

~H

P

Paulozg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my bankroll is still at 150$, but it is moving up quitte well, nad i'm thinking of going in the next level when i reach 350$, so i can have some space for mistakes.