How much do you deposit for poker ?

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont deposit cash , but my boyfriend sometimes does P2P transfers to me on WPN . My meager freeroll poker winnings usually go away playing online slots !

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I lost around $2500 and I'm just wondering why. I regret it now, of course, but we'll figure something out somehow.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
0 i try to win from freeroll and grow account

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The amount you should deposit for poker depends on various factors, including your skill level, your financial situation, and the stakes at which you plan to play. Here are a few considerations to help determine an appropriate deposit amount:

1. Bankroll Management: It is crucial to practice proper bankroll management to ensure you can withstand the natural ups and downs of the game. A commonly recommended guideline is to have at least 20-30 buy-ins for the stakes you intend to play. For example, if you plan to play $1/$2 No-Limit Holdem cash games with a buy-in of $200, a bankroll of $4,000 to $6,000 would be reasonable.
  2. Skill Level: If you are a beginner or relatively new to the game, starting with a smaller deposit might be advisable. This allows you to gain experience and improve your skills without risking a significant amount of money. As you become more proficient and confident in your abilities, you can consider increasing your deposit amount.
  3. Risk Tolerance: Your personal risk tolerance is another factor to consider. Some players are more comfortable taking larger risks with their bankroll, while others prefer a more conservative approach. Assess your comfort level and make deposit decisions accordingly.
  4. Game Selection: The stakes at which you plan to play will influence your deposit amount. Lower stakes generally require smaller deposits, while higher stakes necessitate larger deposits. Evaluate the stakes that align with your skill level and financial resources.
Remember that poker is a game of skill with inherent risks. It's essential to only deposit an amount that you can comfortably afford to lose without it impacting your financial stability or causing undue stress. It's also worth considering starting with a smaller deposit and gradually increasing it as you gain experience and confidence in your abilities.

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
10$ or 20$ a month, but usually a make that from freerolls!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Which games do you play to build your bankroll?
90% of my bankroll is money I won in freerolls. I believe that there is no need to deposit your own funds, you can build a bankroll by playing only in freerolls, if you are patient and disciplined enough :)

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been many years since I made a deposit. I only play freerolls and in a weekly game with a £5.50 buy-in. Luckily I make a small profit playing that game so (currently) don't need to make any more deposits.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For poker, I don't deposit that much, around 20-30 dollars a month....

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I deposit rarely, about once a year. I have been playing poker since 2017 and only deposit to have a withdrawal method available.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I like satellites where you can win good tickets to valuable tournaments

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
This days a play freerolls by CC. (In case, if I don't want to make a deposit.) If I have a decent bankroll I play cash games.

About the the deposit; I always deposited the smallest amount; it has happened several times a month, but it is always the smallest amount.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't make deposits as I don't play for money. Only freerolls. I've made a clear line for myself that I shouldn't spend money on poker. Because then I will become a gambler, and this will only lead to unnecessary negative emotions. So if I do play for money (only to fulfill special tasks of the poker room in return for tournament tickets or other gifts), I do it in a very limited way. :sneaky::geek:

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello i dont deposit i build bankroll from freerolls. =]

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I haven’t deposited for a long time. I’m just playing off free rolls and I take out the odd $20 here and there if I get enough.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on the tournament, how much the ticket costs, and how often you want to participate

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I deposit $20 $30 per month
I play only microlimits .