How many of you play for a living?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A better way to phrase the question would be, "how many people over 40 years old actually make a living STRICTLY playing poker?" The answer would be around ZERO. Young people think just because they have had a couple of good years, that they are destined for greatness in the game. But eventually you realize that once you get to a cerrtain skill level, you are not much better than a lot of other people sitting at your table. Add on to that, even though you play hands perfectly, it just takes one bad beat to put you on the rail. Skill is crucial to the game, but luck is still 80% of the game, and is nearly impossible to make enough money to live off of, considering all the time it takes just to accumulate those morsels.

I like this... but I think there are 2-5% of online players making money that matters, not zero, and also luck is more like 20-40% of the game, depending on who you listen to. If you think luck is 80% of your game, you may as well go play the slots or just send me a cheque... :rolleyes:

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You saying Blom is a bad player or that he preys on the bad players?

Cos I've seen a lot of him recently and hes pretty ****ing good.

Blom won the PCA high roller $100k buy-in event in January this year. A live event, for the record, not an online event.

Also worth noting that there were a lot of good players in that event...

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Used to for 2 years, but I dropped out of poker, and am getting an edumacation ;)

But now FTP just relaunched Im back in this bitch Part time anyways ;)