How Many of you Never deposited and turned free roll $ into alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time I've made a deposit is to be able to withdraw or to qualify for more freerolls. I'm real tight with my money so I stay at micro stakes,,, Been playing on a regular basics since 2006. I usually withdraw $1500 to $1800 a year. Not much to most people, but to me it makes a big difference. I play SNG's amd MTT's because I suck at cash games. Max entry for me is $3. Take care

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free $10 on royal vegas Poker to well over 6 figures withdrawn and spread to many other poker sites. I'll never forget my suspicion of online poker at the time, and I would have never deposited given my concerns. But when RVP/Prima/Microgaming paid me that first 1K withdrawal, I gained confidence in them, and it luckily just kept rolling in at the time.

E

elblaaga

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
teacher

Free $10 on Royal Vegas Poker to well over 6 figures withdrawn and spread to many other poker sites. I'll never forget my suspicion of online poker at the time, and I would have never deposited given my concerns. But when RVP/Prima/Microgaming paid me that first 1K withdrawal, I gained confidence in them, and it luckily just kept rolling in at the time.

dude can i be a one of your students, i will let you call me grasshopper:confused:

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like to brag but ive won alot more than tht

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without deposits
0 to 100 on many sites
0 to 500 on a few sites
0 to 1000+ on 2 sites
withdrew about 2k
deposited a bit after withdraws for bonuses
still have around 500 on all the various sites
took almost 10 yrs and 1billion hrs, so still not impressive

O

OozlumBird

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play pokerstars and it's really tricky to get anywhere with Freerolls (as the CardsChat review of the site suggests). There are a handful of $10 Freerolls where the top prize is a little over $5, but you need to work your way through 10,000 players to get there. I won a qualifying event for the $2000 Sunday Freeroll one time and did win a small amount ($0.45), but obviously all these sites are not going to encourage too many dollar prizes for free play. They want to frustrate you so that you're more inclined to deposit. In all, it took me over 5 hours of playing time to win that $0.45, so quite a bit of patience is needed before you'll be able to pay for that holiday in Rio :)

B

Blazinmark21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on full tilt i turned the freeroll money into 150 bucks one time. thats the highest ive ever made it too.

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i refuse to make a deposit too i play on acr i was up to 30 bucks but hit some bad luck down to six bucks gonna let iot ride in a tourny tomorrow. on merge i had some luck had it up to 50 at one time but lost most of it i did have a positive balance on a few skins with some tourny coupons too one for $11 then they suspended me for no reason and havent paid me or givvin me a reason for it so gl i never had trust in internet poker and merge prooved me right gd crooks:bird: :bird:

tactoozeep202

tactoozeep202

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
big money,not yet.i started playing real money five yaers ago. i didn't know what i was doing.i lost about $500.i started playing just freeroles only over the summer and won $15.i know that's not much,but i've learned,you can't lose money in freeroles you can only win money.$1 to $50 whatever it adds up to big money.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i first started playing, all i ever played was freerolls and didnt do to bad at all won a nice amount of cash, but in the end i was a rockie player so i eventually lost it all. i dont think there is much point in grinding freerolls hours on end and most of the time not cashing, just make a small deposit and grind gring and more grind lol, so a long story short it can be done but it takes a f***ing long time lol

JasonD1014

JasonD1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started playing again a few months ago for the first time since black friday. I've been playing Carbon and ACR. Won a few bucks on ACR but lost it pretty quickly. On Carbon I won $6 and started playing $1 super turbo SNG's and got up to about $32 in a few days, but now have not cashed in about 16 out of 20 games in a row, either card dead or bad beat. It's frustrating but it's free money so I can't really complain too much.

C

CFUNK1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trying to makeit

I am trying to make a bank grinding out .60 9 mans until i can see a positive result from that i cant move on. I end up blowing my free roll winning before i get to 30.00, 50 buy ins. I think that is enough to give me a fair chance to face the variance

Deluxeliner

Deluxeliner

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll stories are pretty great. i think it's every players dream to build up a roll from nothing and cash out

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something like 5 million Pokerstars play money chips that I sold for $60 in 2005. No deposits, still playing off of that initial money.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to deposit before BF when it was easy and you could just whip out your checkbook, but since then I had to restart from 0 (PS and FT were pretty much the only sites I played on)
I played private freerolls from 2 sites and the special event freerolls some of the sites have and now have a decent BR on 4 sites (over $100 on 2 of them and over $50 on the other 2, which is small to some but I am happy) and then a few bucks on a couple other sites.

The only good thing that came out of BF is that I learned to take brm seriously and it works. :)

T

TIMNILES44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant say ive made a living at it let . but ive turned these small freerolls into at least 2500. a couple times ,but it takes a while especially in the begining once u get to 100.00 it gets easier

J

JackedJim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im trying to do this right now because I cant put money on carbon poker. Does anyone Know if i can win money on poker stars? In from the usa. I only know carbon and i dont like it that much

M

Mythlyrr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I turned free roll into 115.00 on some college free roll a long time ago. I think the site was crazy poker. Can't remember the exact name. Then I withdrew the hundred then put 50 on full tilt from that withdrew 100 then went broke but profited 150 so that wasn't too bad.

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently played blackjack tourney won $49 and then used that to play poker and won $1500 expecting check soon , cat

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started on bodog. They used to have a 1K freeroll there. I played everyday and won small amounts. I used that money to buy in to SNGs But what it did was stir up my interest in learning the game.
I started taking lessons on web sites and joining discussions. I decided that this was not the way to go. I deposited on sites and played SNGs and went from micro to playing at the wsop. I stopped playing those freerolls but if it wasnt for them it wouldnt have cultivated my passion for poker.
Im up like 40K combined live and online so you can say if it wasnt for freerolls I wouldnt have any of it. I dont think you can go strictly on freerolls. Not a good strategy imo. It is just a long and arduous process.

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i started winning 80c from a freeroll from a weekly round 2 on stars back in 2007

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play Bovada. I started on freerolls when they had them and won $4.50. Now I play $3 and up double ups, and triple ups. My bankroll is over $400 now

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was born I had nothing. Then I got a job in high school and used that money to deposit on an online poker site and run it up. Using a real job to run 0 -> $100 saved me so much time instead of trying to do it with freerolls.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took third place in juicy sticks 1k Saturday freeroll. Then playing in low buyin of tournaments and low stakes cash games.Turned about $80.00 into a little over 300, two date.

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first time I had money on a site without depositing.. Up to $12... But hey this is my first time so I am proud of it.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.