how many windows at a time

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play to or three poker mtts at a time, the reason for that are basically with more i can not focus properly, and second i a matter of space in my screen where i like to have an aditional windows to watch the replays,

by the other hand i don´t like to play just one because when the action is to slow i tend to be distracted by other things (tv)

what do you think is the proper number of windows you should play?

i´ve heard about people playing up to 20 games in parallel which i consider very difficult, but they do that because think more tables more money per hour

S

Sortuto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play as many tables as you feel comfortable with.

Remember Poker is a game of information and for you get an edge out of your oponents you should be constantly paying attention to what they are doing and chose good spots to make moves and get chips out of it. If you can pay attention to the action around 3 tables and make notes about the players then keep it up and go adding more tables as you feel more comfortable over time.

In addition you should consider a tracker software (like Pokertracker, Holdem Manager, etc) which is going to assist you with the action going on sorting lots of important information about your oponents in a easy to read way.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult to advise, try to start at least a couple of tables in a long session plus close,after a month at least two tables, you can add two more tables.
Need to play as many tables as you are comfortable, not to make mistakes. Yet the most important thing to play plus and not ten thousand threshing rack and the same play.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with 2 tables at the same time (unless already playing more) if you do not have a problem with a comfortable game add another. Gradually coming to how many will be able to safely play.

kuchufleto

kuchufleto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to play to or three poker mtts at a time, the reason for that are basically with more i can not focus properly, and second i a matter of space in my screen where i like to have an aditional windows to watch the replays,

by the other hand i don´t like to play just one because when the action is to slow i tend to be distracted by other things (tv)

what do you think is the proper number of windows you should play?

i´ve heard about people playing up to 20 games in parallel which i consider very difficult, but they do that because think more tables more money per hour

I think you should play the amount of tables or mtt with whom you feel comfortable playing. I usually only four mtt play at the same time because I feel comfortable that amount :)

kuchufleto

kuchufleto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult to advise, try to start at least a couple of tables in a long session plus close,after a month at least two tables, you can add two more tables.
Need to play as many tables as you are comfortable, not to make mistakes. Yet the most important thing to play plus and not ten thousand threshing rack and the same play.

you're right. As you play more tables are more automatic actions :)

etherghost

etherghost

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1546111_599136120159871_1107728200_n.jpg

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think it is impossible to play like 10+ windows at the same time in an max. effecient way. Those who can, will play it in a "robotic" way, and they cannot take notice of some important situations of plays by certain players.
I think if you feel that your contrentation is becoming less effective when playing more windows, then don't.

I myself, I play max 4 windows of cash games, or 2 mtt's. I really believe one can make more profit and play more effecient when playing less windows with more concentration, then more windows with less concentration.

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2tables max, it is comfortable for me.
My friend just played one session with 27 (rly mad) tables only on ONE monitor. I guess, this is mad to play like that.

F

funa84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One table is slow and boring, 5+ tables are impenetrable... 3 tables are optimal at time for me, I always have enough time to adjudge

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As daft as it sounds, I feel I play much more optimally with more tables at the beginning/middle of my sessions. More robotic you may say, but I think early stages of the tournaments, you don't need to be anything but robotic in your decisions as most are very straight forward if you have played a lot of tournaments. As the tournament gets deeper and deeper, your tables start to dwindle anyway after busting, so I can play and focus more on my deep runs and feel much more focus when one or two tabling deep runs as opposed to early stages.

I can follow the action more closely one tabling even from the start of a tournament if I really wanted, but I find myself getting really bored, start browsing the internet, forums etc so ultimately my focus isn't 100% anyway or I start doing something even worse by playing more marginal hands.

I feel I'm most focused when I have around 10 tables at a time.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone will have a different answer to this question, the best answer should be play as many tables as your comfortable with. Dont play to many if you are not profiting, it defeats the purpose

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like the Op I too usually will only play 3 tables so to leave the "empty" space for other stuff like chat boxes and/or music.

If I don't have anything else going on then 4 or 5 is still comfortable for me but when Merge still had their "fun steps" I was having fun by loading up all 10 games at once.

Attachments

• 5tabling.jpg
    5tabling.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DoNMadness.jpg
    DoNMadness.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 10tables.jpg
    10tables.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 30
S

sleepymike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 4 if 2 are FR. Then I can focus on the 2 and allow my boredom to be absorbed by the FR(s). I believe I make better decisions when I need to.

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I play up to 4 tables
If im playing at more tables its difficult to watch the others opponents..cant stay focus.

S

sotakid80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
less is better

i only like to play no more then 3 windows. i feel it can take away from the feel of the table and game. so you may miss a few chances if you are playing another table.
but thats just me.

X

x_driven_x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind playing up to 6, but typically like to keep it between 2 and 4, peek in on my HUD manager from time to time, and another window for everything else (browser/music/whatever)