How many tables do you you think you could play on a laptop 'no mouse'

L

lilturkgirl86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant do no more than 4 tables on a regular pc.. i had a laptop with no mouse it best i can do is 2, and even then i didn't enjoy the feel of it.

T

The Nuder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've done 3 but prefer two. There are advantages to playing more tables - like remaining totally objective but I think it's less skilled as you can't give as much attention to what opponents are up to and how the rhythm of the game develops. And I find the touchpad easier to use than mouse.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are we allowed to use "Hotkey"?

if Yes,I think I am able to play 10 tables....Without mouse

mamutmamut

mamutmamut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play just 4 tables on my laptop without mouse. :D

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 at the most but 8 would be the most where still comfortable

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No more than 2, because when you play more - those windows are really small and you can mislook often and make mistake.. at least this applies at me.. :) If anyone like bernotas22 can handle 12 or so than he is pretty awesome :)

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 7-8 , but I guess there are people who can play even more.

G

goldy_lordy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with my lack of multitasking... max 3 tables

P

PredragV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty clumsy without a mouse. Maybe I could play 4 tables. :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this depends on your setup and your mental ability
if you are using a bunch of tools cascading and an xbox controller think you could play 26 if you could play that many on a desktop with dual monitors

if you dont use any tools and want to see all the tables at once and have normal vision i think 4

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Questions not asked here;

How are your eyes?

If you want a mouse, why not get one? The wireless ones work great on my old lap. Under $20 at Walmart, even cheaper elsewhere.

My eyes prevent me from doing much more than 2 tables at a time.

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant play without mouse its difficult

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Questions not asked here;

How are your eyes?

If you want a mouse, why not get one? The wireless ones work great on my old lap. Under $20 at Walmart, even cheaper elsewhere.

My eyes prevent me from doing much more than 2 tables at a time.
get table stacked
and use hotkey to play jam or fold...
i could open at least 20 tables on Hyper SNG...and play the simply best or worst , jam or fold...:D:D:D:D

in that case, you don't need much about head movement.

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can hardly manage to play four tables together on my laptop without mouse connected. I guess it's just a custom and you can get used to touchpad as well. But anyway, I think using touchpad will be hardly ever more effective than connecting a simple mouse.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
get table stacked
Not everybody likes stacking. I've tried it many times, with a variety of table management tools, and I hate it. I'd much rather tile+overlap 20 tables across 2 monitors, or worst case tile+stack with just a couple tables at most in any one stack.

When people talk about how multi-tablers play a more robotic or even push/fold style, it's often because they're stacking. I don't play a bot strategy when I multi-table, and tiling is largely why I don't have to -- after years of multi-tabling I've honed my ability to maintain a certain level of peripheral awareness of what's going on at multiple tables at the same time, which allows me to adjust to the table a lot better. That's a LOT harder to do when stacking, which creates a tunnel-vision, single-threaded type of situation for your brain to process.

Granted, when you're limited by your computer resources, you do what you have to do. If you're playing on a laptop and don't have access to external monitors, then you're going to at least partially stack if you want to play more than 4 or so. Fortunately I don't make a habit of playing while mobile, and when I do I'm fine with tiling 4-6 tables (of course it helps that my laptop has a 2880x1800 resolution).

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not everybody likes stacking. I've tried it many times, with a variety of table management tools, and I hate it. I'd much rather tile+overlap 20 tables across 2 monitors, or worst case tile+stack with just a couple tables at most in any one stack.

When people talk about how multi-tablers play a more robotic or even push/fold style, it's often because they're stacking. I don't play a bot strategy when I multi-table, and tiling is largely why I don't have to -- after years of multi-tabling I've honed my ability to maintain a certain level of peripheral awareness of what's going on at multiple tables at the same time, which allows me to adjust to the table a lot better. That's a LOT harder to do when stacking, which creates a tunnel-vision, single-threaded type of situation for your brain to process.

Granted, when you're limited by your computer resources, you do what you have to do. If you're playing on a laptop and don't have access to external monitors, then you're going to at least partially stack if you want to play more than 4 or so. Fortunately I don't make a habit of playing while mobile, and when I do I'm fine with tiling 4-6 tables (of course it helps that my laptop has a 2880x1800 resolution).
0.11 bucks buyin
or 0.05 bucks buyin
300 starting chips, blinds starts from 15/30 or even worst 20/40, blinds increase every 2 or 3 minutes and short handed [6 handed or 4 handed]

No way to play postflop.
the decision is preflop jam or fold, simply for the stack and blinds level.

there is no way to play other style for profit.:D:D:D:D
the only problem is how many tables to play at one time, to reduce variance.:p:p:p:p

think with these kinds of game, tile table and stack table are the same.

but if for deepstack postflop games, i think tile table is a must, there are lots of stuff needs to be observed , even when you are not involving a hand.:cool:

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what hyper turbos are, and I've done pretty well in them. In fact I've been adding more to my routine lately.

We're getting off topic here, but I'll say if your approach to hypers is push/fold on every hand then I don't think you'll be very successful at them honestly. That strategy is a myth, based on the idea that in a regular MTT or SNG once you get to 10bbs you are largely in push/fold mode. However starting out with equal 10bb stacks puts you on equal footing with everyone, and fold equity plays such a huge role, that you can afford to make plays. You just can't make very many and lose. This is where skill comes in. :)

Also, multi-tabling doesn't reduce variance, simply by virtue of playing more volume. That's another myth. Multi-tabling compresses variance, i.e. it happens sooner, so the swings are greater in frequency, but generally not less in magnitude. The only way MT'ing might have a noticeable reduction in variance would be if you drastically (and I mean drastically more than normal) narrowed your range compared to when you play a single table, and kept it there over a long period. If you play a hugely LAG style at one table, but tighten up all the way to an uber-nit when you add tables, then yeah your variance is probably reduced, for awhile. Even then I'm not entirely sure, but it would seem theoretically possible. However it wouldn't apply to most people, at least not for long. You might start out really tight as you first learn to add tables, but pretty quickly as you gain experience in multi-tabling, you naturally loosen up your game and play closer to your normal style, whatever that may be.

Last edited:
B

blender803

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play at 4 tables without mouse

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how much extra time we have but I think that without the mouse would advise myself only 4 tables at once

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've tried 4 on my 15" monitor and its a headache..I think multi tabling is largely dependent on screen size and level of concentration which is both lacking for me.