How many people have you tried to get into poker?

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
when I didn't know about poker, it was hard for me to understand those people who could win a lot of money and patiently play one game for a day
but when I realized that the game was interesting, it quickly stuck to me, etc

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
None, as it can drive people to addiction. Not everyone has the self control required to not play all it's money away.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not tried to get anyone to play poker, but I have tried to get problem gamblers to quit poker.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never really tried, just showed the game to my wife but she don't have patience to play.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've never tried to talk someone into playing poker because, after all, I'm not a recruiter for the card rooms. However, If someone shows an interest in the game and asks me about it I will tell them it is fun, answer any questions they have, and offer whatever assistance I can. I do the same with other interests I have as well. In fact, I found my best friend of sixteen years when she asked me if I could teach her to shoot. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never really tried, just showed the game to my wife but she don't have patience to play.
That is the best thing you can do, with children as well as spouses or significant others. Pushing someone into something that they really have no interest in isn't good for anyone involved.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I even managed to lure many people, but not into poker for money, but into poker for fun. We gathered at work every Wednesday evening and spent several hours playing, about 8 people.