How many peeps love to hear Norman Chad commentate WSOP on ESPN ?

J

JamMastaJT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather listen to Esfandiari and Laak. Chad is ok...

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He's decently funny and he's got the same name as I, except I spell mine Normand. I think he is hilarious but I dont think that would be agreed upon by many.

I'm like the guy I'm quoting above, who can't even spell his own name right, I enjoy Normand & am suprised how little grief he is getting in this thread, usually a love or hate kind of deal.

Wonder if Vince is gonna retire now that he has finally made a funny? ;)

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always liked Norman Chad. He knows enough about the game with a great mixture of being funny. Seems like I remember seeing a post several years ago where he wasnt getting this love from CC. Im glad that seems to have changed for the most part. Poker's a serious game and needs a little comic relief. In addition to all of this he has cashed 3 out of the last 4 years in a wsop event. This year even making a final table.

kltpzyxMrM

kltpzyxMrM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably one of the few dissenters on here, but I find him annoying. I used to like him back 8 to 9 years ago, but that's when I didn't know much about poker. I guess he might have some appeal for casual viewers. For me he jumped the shark a long time ago and I find his schtick to be played out. It seems to me he's had years to educate himself on the intricacies and changes of the game, and has only done a little bit to increase his knowledge base of the game.

I like Esfandiari a lot and actually wish he would take over annoucing. I liked Norm MacDonald and Nick Geber when they were commentators.

easypickns

easypickns

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Norman Chad like I like Srichacha....

A little is almost always going to enhance,

Just right is wonderful,

but too much is absolutely horrendous.

I think it should be 3 guys calling the action with Chad at color, Busquet(sp?) at analysis and Lon at play by play.

I also appreciate that Chad is going to be the fav. of the fish/new players which is great for the game.
So only newbies or fish like him. lol Who is your favorite the poker brat?

SicKBeATz

SicKBeATz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont mind norman you can tell he really does love the game, and comes up with some interesting comments lol .. my favorite announcer tough is gabe kaplan

He is the best poker announce imo as well. I can't even watch the last few seasons of HSP b/c he isn't there. It could also be that he was replaced by Norm Macdonald.

How could they go from best to worst :confused::confused:

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is pretty funny but a beat creepy sometimes lol & how many wives does he have! :)

P

PapesOnly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Norman Chad is good......

Norman chad is good but I think my dream is to hear Gus Johnson do poker. Think about it, some one raises, "RISE AND FIRE!!!" or someone wins a huge pot, "HOT SAUCE!!!" "COLD BLOODED!!!" :D

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Norman Chad is the man, he makes watching the WSOP interesting and fun to watch with never knowing whats going to come out of his mouth!

P

Ppikem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chad is great...

...when he's serious or SILENT! Personally, the guy drives me and the two other folks I watch with nuts. I don't know though...maybe it's our above average IQ's that makes us roll our eyes every time Chad opens his mouth to try to say something he deems "funny". To us, he tries so hard to be hilarious that he's just- not. Anyone who pays close attention will notice that his constant nonsensical chatter sometimes irritates his co-hosts. So much so that occasionally Chad has been "whammied" with veiled insults. Sadly, Chad is often oblivious.

When he's commentating seriously, he can be enjoyable. He actually appears more intelligent and funny when he doesn't constantly pepper the space in between commentary with attempted 'comedy'. Poker can stand a little silence here and there. The game is that enjoyable on its own.

What amazes me is that a man who is intelligent can be so oblivious to the fact that humor should be tempered. Like swearing: No one really appreciates the weight of foul language from someone who swears all the time, but when the tea-totalling church lady says Sh*t, EVERYBODY takes notice. With comedy a LITTLE can go a LONG way.

P

Ppikem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if i could link info about Norman Chad or not here so i erred on the side of caution.I will say that it is very easy to look up interesting facts of him with a quick search.
...yeah, but the question was:

How many peeps love to hear Norman Chad commentate WSOP on ESPN ?

P

Ppikem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, but the question was....

Not sure if i could link info about Norman Chad or not here so i erred on the side of caution.I will say that it is very easy to look up interesting facts of him with a quick search.

how many peep like to watch him...

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Poker daydream is to have Norman make fun of my shirt, at the Main Event FT. LOL

O

oshriam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he do alot of Noise but when he get serious he is a silent like a ghost>.>

S

sabbywabby7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he's great at what he does. I think its just his colorful commentary and generally the way he talks that makes the general viewers see him in a positive light. But hey lets not forget about Lon, I think they make a good team.

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Norm and Lon have a great chemistry,but id also love to hear negraneu or Esfandari

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Norman is pretty good at his job yup i can say i like him. But ive always wondered how Norm and Lon would sound if they imitated each other in a broadcast i think it would be hilarious.

easypickns

easypickns

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are the best.Much better than Vince and Mike.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always enjoyed to hear his joke and commentary.

420HighLife

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he is a riot

one of the best color commentators of all time i don't think i would beable to watch poker if it werent for his commentating if he was in the poker commentary biz he could be a great debater lol would always win lol

SerbiaGrinding

SerbiaGrinding

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Norman is the exquisite mix of funny and annoying.

W

WaxDabMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Norman Chad + Joe Stapleton = @1hr: Hilarious. @+1hr: Torturous

Buuuut, I think it would be great to have both of them, as they are the comedy and the knowledge. Why do we need the straight edged "official" dude that knows nothing along side them??

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seeing him live or listening online.

he tries hard and sometimes is a bit trying.

BUT when there are no cards up the commentators have to fill in the gaps with comments and on this alone he does a great job - and if you don't like him just turn off the sound

WSOP