How many hours do you play poker per day?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as I have free time, I play. And free time is always scarce.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello I play in MTT from 1.1 to 5.5$ and depending on how I go at the tables I can spend between 4 and 8 hours. I play almost every day on PS. AND GG

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
two to three hours on average.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I've played all day without even eating, eventually (when it gets unbearable), i start to see the cards on the screen blurry.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play only on weekends for 4-5 hours

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I still start playing, then usually it is for 2-3, sometimes 4 hours

D

diodi775

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I play 4 to 6 hours a day during the week and on the weekend I play about 8 hours.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The number of hours you should play poker per day as a professional can vary depending on various factors, including your goals, bankroll, stamina, and personal circumstances. There is no set rule for the ideal number of hours to play, as it can vary greatly from player to player.

Here are a few considerations to keep in mind when determining how many hours to play poker per day:

1. Personal Factors: Consider your own physical and mental stamina. Playing poker can be mentally and physically demanding, and it's important to avoid burnout. Find a balance that allows you to maintain focus and perform at your best without becoming overly fatigued.
  2. Bankroll Management: Your bankroll is an important factor to consider when deciding how many hours to play. It's generally recommended to have a sufficient bankroll to withstand the natural variance of the game. Playing excessive hours without proper bankroll management can increase the risk of going broke during downswings.
  3. Skill Level and Experience: Your skill level and experience can impact the number of hours you need to play. If you're relatively new to the game or still working on improving your skills, you may need to allocate more time for practice and gaining experience. As you progress and become more skilled, you may be able to achieve your desired results in fewer hours.
  4. Game Format and Goals: The game format you choose to play (cash games, tournaments, online, live, etc.) and your specific goals can influence the number of hours you need to play. Cash games, for example, can offer a more consistent and stable income stream, while tournaments can involve longer sessions and higher variance.
  5. Lifestyle and Personal Commitments: Consider your overall lifestyle and personal commitments outside of poker. It's important to find a balance between poker and other aspects of your life, such as family, relationships, hobbies, and self-care.
It's worth noting that quality of play is often more important than the quantity of hours played. The focus should be on making optimal decisions, studying, and continuously improving your game rather than just putting in long hours for the sake of it. Each individual's situation is unique, and finding the right balance between study, play, and rest is key to long-term success and well-being.

Ultimately, it's important to assess your own circumstances, experiment, and find a schedule that allows you to achieve your goals while maintaining a healthy and sustainable approach to playing poker.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Less than an hour if I'm not playing a tournament.

N

NathanVanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yes I like to play for 4 or more hours per day.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I have a good load, then it's somewhere around 6-8 hours, if I have a weak load, then up to 4 hours a day

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on the day, that is, I play some tournaments and I can manage to stay between 4 and 6 hours, but I can also finish in an hour and I'll close.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On average i olay like 3 to 4 hours a day

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm currently on winter break, so I play more than 6 hours, however, I usually play between 2 and 4 hours a day.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good evening everyone, I usually play for an average of 10 hours every day when the session is very good and I reach the final stretch of the tournament and everything else I usually play up to 14 hours. There are some days when I start playing in the morning and then I stop I have lunch and play again in the afternoon, but as a general rule it's an average of 10 hours a day.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
4 hours +
I don't play 7 days a week. At best, I play 4-5 days and rest for two days. I believe that rest is no less important than the game itself. On an average day, I play from 2 to 5 hours.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess, at least 4 hrs... Depends on how far you go in the game.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to average about 4 hours of poker a day. Since working full time though, Im lucky to get a couple hours a week now.