How many hours do you play poker each week?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i could i would play poker as much as I needed to. But with balancing work and social life. Its around 20. If i didnt have to work, poker would then become my new career :) ahhhh the dreams of no stress, even when your aces are busted cause you got a mil in the bank

lol poker as a career no stress? You realize the kind of downswings you hit? And when having income depends on you winning it's that much more pressure.

P

Paulozg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play about 15-20 hours a week...Just a hobby, i get too many badbeats and my bankroll is a constant rollecoaster to make it something more serious.

A

acylysis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
due to my work schedule i only play 10-20 hours per week. used to play about 40 hours and i hope to get back up there lol

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10-12 hours or so. All my family and business will allow, and frankly, enough for me. Or so I tell myself.

love,
cAPS

F

FiestaDeluxe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 40-50 a week..i love it

asianpride54

asianpride54

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to play a lot when I figured out that there were tournament in full tilt poker but then I got more obsessed when I place only 9 places away from cashing in that freeroll tournament and then I believed in myself and thought I could actually win a freeroll tournament and another thing that fuel my fire was the ferguson challenge when chris ferguson won a freeroll tournament and then made 10k from nothing. I wanted to do something like that after a long time I didn't win anything and I gave up but i did make a account poker stars. I think i use to play like 6 to 7 hours a day so like around 40 hours a week i was kind of obsess but now a days I play only like 1 to 2 hours.

D

dailies

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10-15 hours
usually less, i enter the same # of tourneys per week, i just often stink and am out within first hour.
Only cracks 15 on a good week, when i actually win some cash that i can then lose

confidence in my poker skills much? lol

B

Bluestone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself wondering how many hours each week do you play. I myself play about 40 hrs a wek that's almost a full time job. If only I got paid like 1. Maybe someday I will, but with forty hours a week I think I have an edge on some of you other players. Do you?

I'am also play ca. 40h per week, may be sometimes more. There you see that Poker is a fulltime Job. I think it is normal and all people who like poker like you and me play the same time, only when the people must work, then may be not so much. But 40h per week is normal.

POKERYALL

POKERYALL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play every day, way too much according to the wife!

C

chitownbrandon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play about 25 hours per week....Sometimes more depending on how busy I am that certain week!

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
25 hours a week or so would like to play more but often to tired to play all night

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 15-20 hours a week, but it's all live sessions. I'm sad to say I've just about stopped playing online poker all together.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing as much as some of you claim (20+ hr/week) and only playing free rolls has got to be the most -Ev thing ever. Dedicate 1/2 that time to a part time job and the other 1/2 to studying poker and in a month you could make a real deposit, quit the job, and start playing half as much for 4 times the $$. Just my opinion of course, but it makes me wonder.

A

AUPhoenix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hours a week?

I typically play 1 - 2 hours per night Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday I typically play about 5 hours each day. Thus about 20 hours a week. Sometimes up to about 4 freerolls at a time or a couple of small buy-in tourneys.

S

Sk8surf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
40 or over

lol ya i play as much as i can depending on how much i work can be up over 40 hour depending lol the more hand you play the eay i think you can get reads on player online

I

istinkatthis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play about 25-30 hours per week in the <$10 guaran tourneys and SNGs.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have three freeroll tournaments I like to play in daily when I get home from school and get the chance. Horse on PDR Network (Never finished out of top 150 but never got majic top 10 finish either), Holdem after that on Full Tilt, and I will rarely play the HORSE on Full Tilt but its my third tourney. How long I last in those three makes up my time spent playing during the weekdays and I might play a few early morning or special freerolls on the weekends. Im a limit guy so I usually do pretty well at HORSE and I also get my multiple game fix all in one. Like I said though how many hours I play just depends on how long I last in the few tourneys. I don't usually bounce from one site to the other like some of you guys looking for tourneys and I also don't have the skills that some of you posses to play in multiple tournaments at one time.
:joyman:

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play about 10-15 hours a week, while a tournament can be played for 8 hours at a time, so it's not always stable.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: How many hours do you play poker each week?

I play about 20 hours or so. But weekends are when I play the most hours.:D

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker around 15 hours a week.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I will play about 50 hours a week if the power does not go out, more or less about 6 hours a day, if I have my mind well rested.

If you lose, don't bother, understand that you gave your best ...