How Long to Read a Poker Book?

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch videos where poker professionals sort out distributions.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont read fiction or novels so I am not so concerned about reading a book from start to finish quickly.
With technical , reference or poker books I am more used to reading individual chapters or sections and concentrating on absorbing or analysing, thinking about and considering what has been written.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes as much time as you can spend. The good books need to be read and reread after you have played a few thousand hands. They are totally different reads.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It isn't so much on how fast you read it. It is the information obtained, but one can't completely obtain and retain all that information. So re-reading the information also helps in obtaining and retaining information

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never read a poker book, I prefer the experience in the flesh, not the experience of others

melodyman169

melodyman169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general poker books look like chess books, with easier strategies. If I read a chess book for 3 weeks, would read a poker book 1-2 weeks..
Can somebody to show me a good book about poker? :D

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not about reading a fast or slow poker book, it's about understanding what you read.