How long does take to be a professional?

B

Benman120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree, but I mean if you only learn the rules and play 1000 hands per day you will be a regular player (except if you have a super natural ability) but if you read, study the best way to play and play the same 1000 hands per day you have more chances to become a elite player but even if you do dont mean you will get.
An example, if a basketball player plays 5 matches for week only knowing the rules, he might be good, but if he trains 5 times for week specifc situations and play 2 matches he probably will be better (not a good example but I hope you can understand what I mean lol :p).

I will preface by saying that I'm not a professional but reading is only good if you know how to use it. If you read and emulate that's not enough and likewise if you do opposite that's not good enough either.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
As long as it takes to pay all your bills and you have money left over to enter tournaments and pay for other things you'll need to become a pro.

GoMuCkUrSeLfZ

GoMuCkUrSeLfZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have 15 plus years exp and im only 28 years old i have been playing since i was a little kid and i wouldnt quite consider myself a pro although i think i could hang with the best of them