How long ago did they play poker, and by whom or how did they start playing?

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have been playing poker for more than 15 years I started at home with friends, greetings

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for more than 15 years I started at home with friends, greetings
I have been playing poker for about 6 years now. I always liked card games and poker was something new for me, so thanks to the recommendations of my friends I started playing. Currently, poker is my favorite hobby and a great entertainment in the evenings.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Gee, let me think. The first time I ever played for money was almost 30 yrs ago. It was 5 card-draw. I didn't start playing hold'em until the mid 2000's. I saw a WPT on the Travel channel and started to salivate like much of you did, I'm sure. I wanted to go and play so bad but I wanted to be sure about betting and all the little rules that go w/hold'em so I found a couple of games on XBOX and played the hell out of them until I figured out the basics. I began reading Bluff and Poker Pro magazines and would hang out in Hastings and read as many poker books as I could. Then I scouted out some games and found one I could afford at the time. It was a $10 bi at one of the local billiard establishments every Friday evening. They had 3 tables of 9 or 10 depending on attendance, so 1st was usually around $110-140. Not too bad for ten bux. I think I won on my fifth attempt. They held 2 trny's each Friday.
Then I purchased a computer and the world of online poker was almost overwhelming. It was that kid in the candy store moment... Every day. 😋
And I haven't looked back.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I have been playing poker for 25 years, thanks to the advent of the Internet, and I started playing on the full-tilt poker room, then still among American players, they played a lot at that time for large bets, I did not play, but I watched when the players won or lost 100K in 10 minutes.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
its been 5 years maybe ... i liked watching videos of tourneys .. and fell in love with the way daniel negreanu plays and since then i am a regular in this amazing card game .

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I have been playing for 18 years pretty casually